Disappointed and Pissed / Need a price quote Justin

Pashnit

The bike is an 09. Filter pump and sender are in the tank as a single unit since 01? You can buy the filter seperate but any other part of the assy, you have to buy the whole shebang. Filter alone is 200+. The filter is a single cartridge that cannot be taken apart. By flushing it I mean running gas through the outlet under pressure to clear the filter. So far it has worked but only for short periods of time. Fuel pump is also whining.

Correct 2009

You didn't say what year it was in the original post.

missed that. Okay, ignore all that blather. :rulez: Think I'm having a senior moment. Best of luck on your search.

There are other thread on this topic too about cleaning the screens with the fuel delivery to the carbs.

How many miles
What mods
PC or not?
What is the fuel pressure?

Did the flush again on Friday, Runs great. I am going to just replace the fuel filter and hope the fuel pump is good!

I've seen the pump in a couple of places. I like to stay OEM if at all possible but $650.00 plus for the whole assy would definitely sway me to aftermarket. Fortunately the new filter is in place, pump was still good and my bike is as quick as it was when brand new.

Funny thing is the following weekend after I replaced the filter, my buddy's 04 crapped out on him with fuel issues. His wouldn't even restart! 99% certain we both got bad gas at the same station last summer in North, South Park Valley, Colorado. Took this long for the filter to finally plug up and no amount of Techron or Seafoam could fix it.

I plan on replacing mine every 25000 miles just to be safe.

YEah, I was ready to replace it all but Justin's advice was spot on. Saved me a whole hoopload of cash for sure!

If you truly believe bad gas was the culprit then you should take Postal's advice and get the injectors cleaned. A couple hundred bucks now is better than replacing injectors later.

hi, I took out the small 'Top Hat' mini filters in the injectors..these are very important and can make a huge diff' to the bikes running. Try cleaning these. Hope this helps someone ! :crowbar:

I would if I could get the fuel rail off. The screws are frozen in place. Bike still runs like new so they are probably OK.

My 08 is doing the same thing, sputters and bogs at wide open throttle and around 7k rpms.
How did your filter look when you took it off?
Was it clogged? Or could you tell it was or wasnt clogged?
How much was the filter?
I may have to replace mine also if thats what fixed yours but I am also going to clean the injectors first.

Back