Disapearing posts?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Pretty often it seems certain threads just vanish, some return, some don't???
Yesterday I think it was GeorgiaGixxer started a thread on the snow, it had grown to 3 pages this afternoon, now it's gone. There were 2 others from yesterday that were here today and are now gone. They're not in new posts or in org.forums.
Up until the last time I saw them they were "clean" threads/posts. Nothing at all had be posted that could be considered ban material.
Just wondering if there's a reason...Anybody?

And the other 2 threads I mentioned were technical questions, not to be moved elsewhere???

What I was looking for is back. I swear I didn't overlook it. This happens alot, along with a few other technical problems. No big deal either way, just wonderin if this ever happens to anyone else.

We need to get Robot on it . He investigates things like that .
I don't mess with paranormal stuff as my mortal weapons have no effect !
:rofl:

Pretty often it seems certain threads just vanish, some return, some don't???
Yesterday I think it was GeorgiaGixxer started a thread on the snow, it had grown to 3 pages this afternoon, now it's gone. There were 2 others from yesterday that were here today and are now gone. They're not in new posts or in org.forums.
Up until the last time I saw them they were "clean" threads/posts. Nothing at all had be posted that could be considered ban material.
Just wondering if there's a reason...Anybody?

Is this the thread you were looking for ??? https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/125234-look-out-my-door.html

Guys, I'm not sure what happened.

It is very rare for us to delete threads. 99% of the time when there is a problem with a thread they are moved to another non-public area. The rare ones that are deleted is the occasional spammer that succeeds in posting links and images wanting you to visit their “adult” website.

I took a look and only one thread has been moved to the non-public area in the last two days. It does not meet the description you are talking about at all. We sometimes move the technical threads to a correct area. When I do, I leave an expiring redirect for a couple of days to make it easier for the members to find.

Usually when someone is missing a thread they are only overlooking them. Use the advanced search and they are found most of the time. Use a good key word or search on someone that has posted. Searching posts for the last two days on “snow” shows the thread I think you are looking for. A thread titled “A look out my door”.

Actually I catch myself looking too hard for a thread sometimes only too find it like a snake right in front of me.

Definitely happens. Not sure why. The argument posted between Cap an ibified was mysteriously removed too. Although I do think it shouldn't have been there in the first place...

i have a thread about a trip im plannin from WY to the end of the road in the Keys that i have no idea where it exists. i post to it through e-mail notifications.???
i have a tendency to PWD though.:whistle:

but yea. where does it live/where did it go???

ahh the mistries of cyberspace.:rulez::laugh:

Yeah, i knew "look out my door" had been moved. These were exhaust threads, they wouldn't show up under search, and weren't in any other forum. Eventually they reappeared.??? Not a big deal, just curious. Glad some other folks have experienced this too...I haven't completely lost it then...or have I? Oh well:laugh:

Gremlins!

and we have a winner folks!...but they are "masterful" gremlins...taking control of and assimulating every website out there...and once they have the www fully backplotted?...it'll be like...

"Activate Skynet!"

and?....pssssssssssssst, fizzle, snap, crackle & pop and....pooof....

black screen of death...killed the whole world wide web in one click.

or?..

as previously mentioned?...

could be a simple software glich. :poke::rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back