Dirt Bikes

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking to buy a dirt bike for my son and possibly me. No, this is not replacing the Busa. My wife has not found a drug that will allow me to suffer through the pain of that as of yet.

I have an opportunity to buy a a SunL product at cost. A buddy is becoming a dealer and wants to get the "word" out by offering a few at his cost.

Anyone have any horror stories or comments?

http://www.sunl.com/

I haven't heard of 'em, but hopefully someone else way smarter will chime in...
smile.gif

We have 50 cc Honda dirt bikes for our boys and they absolutely love riding. We bought a used Honda 230F for us; been a great dirt bike...good luck in whatever you opt to buy...good times when the whole family rides
coolold.gif

I haven't heard of 'em, but hopefully someone else way smarter will chime in...
smile.gif

We have 50 cc Honda dirt bikes for our boys and they absolutely love riding.  We bought a used Honda 230F for us; been a great dirt bike...good luck in whatever you opt to buy...good times when the whole family rides
coolold.gif
That's my thoughts exactly... I've been way too selfish over the years with my single sports hobbies. Time to get the family involved now that the boy is old enough (9) to play with some big boy toys. Thanks.

get a CRF 100 or 150,YZ 125,KLX 110 or 140,RM 85 or 125 or KTM's Snap they are big enough for the both your son and you to ride. Hell I want one for the house for me and the boy to putt around on and then when the boy gets off I can beat the crap out off it Love the way the these bikes wheelie. And of course the usual comment make sure to get the boy some good gear. If you want I can look into what I can get you as far as deals go if you are interested.

get a CRF 100 or 150,YZ 125,KLX 110 or 140,RM 85 or 125 or KTM's Snap they are big enough for the both your son and you to ride.  Hell I want one for the house for me and the boy to putt around on and then when the boy gets off I can beat the crap out off it Love the way the these bikes wheelie.  And of course the usual comment make sure to get the boy some good gear. If you want I can look into what I can get you as far as deals go if you are interested.
I'm looking at a 110cc for him from SUNL for around $400. Have to seriously consider and have seen blogs of horror stories. However, there are those saying they are fine with proper break in. Parts seem to be a concern here...

Depends a lot on what your going to be doing with it. If you have a large back yard and want to let the kids ride around while you supervise from the back deck you might get a summer's worth of usage out of it. If you actually want to go to an MX track or out into the woods trail riding, you better get something a little more real. The motor might actually run for a while but everything else falls off of them. Buddy of mine got his kid a 110cc Chinese quad a while back. When they cast the cylinder head they didn't quite make the whole exhaust port so after about 15 mins of running the exhaust gasket would burn through and it would be blatting and popping out the cylinder head around the exhaust pipe.
They are pieces of s**t. If you pursue this, in the end your going to be buying a Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawi, or Honda anyway so save yourself $400 and a lot of grief.
2cents.gif

If this is going to be his first bike , save a bit of frustration , get him a big wheel minibike , with the auto clutch , hell have more fun and learn to control it , before he has to worry about gears /poweband/clutch
let him get some riding in first then introduce the clutch , just my opinion

I have three boys 14,11,5 they all ride have 70cc and 80cc dirtbikes the 5 year old has been on the 50 cc quad since 4 , just got him a suzuki cause the chinese carb took a dump and its hard to find also have a 5hp big wheel minibike they still have fun on , a little 50cc pocketbike they love and a couple of go carts , MY NEIGHBORS LOVE ME !
beerchug.gif
get them involved early as posible , the more experience now , will help them later !
beerchug.gif
gear! gear! gear! they bounce well but never to early to brain wash them .

beerchug.gif

Honda thanks to Capt... I just bought a CR80F for the boy and am looking at a CR230F for me!

I read lots of reviews around the net and leaned towards the bigger name brands. Plenty of good used bikes out there just need to figure out what your budget is going to be and start looking.. Oh yea might try http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/ they have a place for brand/size specific models, helped me.

We've had or have Honda 50-70-100-250-400 XRs Because we like to ride not wrench. Had many 2-smokes over the years but the Hondas outlast them all. I realy like my brothers DRZ 400 though.

Back