Direct tv just pissed me off

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
So I wait 3 weeks for a hook-up appointment, I ordered 4 recievers 1 hi-def. I've got my new Dell 37 LCD high-def TV sitting here.

Supposed to come Sat. morning (today) between 7-12....yippie. I purposely scheduled the appointment on Sat. so it wouldn't mess work and I could be here.

The tool shows up at 1:30, walks around the house, rolls his eyes, and says it's 2 man job, someone from his office will call and reschedule...
evil.gif

I've waited 3 weeks for this a-hole to show up and tell me he can't do it. WTF...you have to put a dish up and run 4 cables, what did you think it was going to be...get off your lazy ass and get started.

Stay tuned....
devil.gif
I am not a patient man.

BS!.. we've had Dish AND DirecTV... only one guy did our house both times.

What a knot head!

They canceled our set up twice and wanted to do it a third time. I had finally had it and told them to get here and set it up.

This baby should have been hooked up an hour ago

Plus it's my firt High Def tv and the NFL starts Thurs...

IMG_3039.jpg

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157221575 -->

I went on Dells web site (37 inch), $1599 works out to $51 a month Zero percent financing for 24 months and free shipping.

Heck, I'll take it for 50 bucks a month and no finance charge for 2 years...Now if I can just get the thing hooked up  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157221869 -->

you are going to love it! Nice TV by the way.

You know this already but don't forget the high end cables. Wal-Mart has the best prices. The picture is only as good as the cables that carry the signal.

When setting up the reciever use the 780 dpi setting unless the tv supports higher.

Can't believe in the competive world of sat. TV that they would do this! I have Direct now. Had Dish. Both good..call dish..screw Direct.

runeight

Direct is the only one that has Sunday Ticket, I like my NFL or might do it.

When setting up the reciever use the 780 dpi setting unless the tv supports higher.
Wow, I just looked...it goes all the way to 1080p

I was planning on seeing what the reciever had in the way of connections and this afternoon hitting the store for some high end cables, probably HMDI.

First Hi-Def? You will not be dissappointed.

As for providers? Hell I love the cable modem so I may as well just use Cable. Decent Hi-definition selection but nothing to exceptional.

I went on Dells web site (37 inch), $1599 works out to $51 a month Zero percent financing for 24 months and free shipping.

Heck, I'll take it for 50 bucks a month and no finance charge for 2 years...Now if I can just get the thing hooked up  
sad.gif
nice! Amazing the price drop on these high definations lately. Good financing too!

Ya did good! I would make someone a heck of deal on my 55 inch Sony but shipping is out of the question. Oh well.

Wish I was closer..a little beer and pizza we would have it done!

runeight

Wow, I just looked...it goes all the way to 1080p

I was planning on seeing what the reciever had in the way of connections and this afternoon hitting the store for some high end cables, probably HMDI.
yes..mine does also but you will find 780 works best. My reciever has DMI only. You can buy a two ended cable if you need to.

If running a high end surround system use the optical cable. There was only one out on my reciever..might be different now.

I just passed the signal to other tv's with my VCR. HA! We just need one. No kids.

How about a picture of the rear jacks?

runeight

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157222762 -->

Well now (update) yougottbekiddngme

The only installers for Florida (and believe me I asked) all run thru a company called Maztec (sp?).

I live in a split level house, 3 tvs on the ground floor and 1 in the upstairs split level (maybe 14-20 feet to the window). Well it rained, like it always does, and the asshat tells his Supervisor it's unsafe ladder conditions for 1 person (hence he needs 2) and he can't complete because of the "unusal construction" of my house (you've never seen a split level before) Ground dries in 20 minutes.

Anyhow, there are sending a Supervisor by fkn Tue to determine what equiptment they might need to complete the job and set up another appointment.

I pissed away a whole riding day for this crap and have to do it all over again.

MActec, you suck sewer water.

Back