Direct connection to my wallet......

isiahstites

Registered
but I love it.........

The hayabusa seems to be a never ending cost to ride, not complaining just saying.

Put a new sprocket on today along with a new chain and a few other maintenance issues.

Seems like every month the ole' busa gets a couple hundred bucks whether it be tires, gas and oil or now this month a sprocket and chain.

I love the bike and the power but it comes at a price.

Scott

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

You must get every pennies worth :laugh: Never really gave it a lot of thought until now :banghead: Thanks :poke:

but I love it.........

The hayabusa seems to be a never ending cost to ride, not complaining just saying.

Put a new sprocket on today along with a new chain and a few other maintenance issues.

Seems like every month the ole' busa gets a couple hundred bucks whether it be tires, gas and oil or now this month a sprocket and chain.

I love the bike and the power but it comes at a price.

Scott

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

...i know the feeling.:thumbsup:

Its quite normal,depending how you abuse your ride though.

You want to enjoy,you got to pay the price

I know the feeling owe two well buddy...... i got a jar labeled BUSA BILL!!!!!

Yeah I got the same jar, next to the jar labeled "titty bar".

How the hell do you let a sprocket get like that? I had the same sprockets on my 300ish hp turbo, and they still look brand new. ???

How the hell do you let a sprocket get like that? I had the same sprockets on my 300ish hp turbo, and they still look brand new. ???

Stock HP here and that sprocket was brand new three or four months ago.

It wasn't a matter of letting the sprocket get like that over a long duration of time, it happened in a short time. The chain jumped a tooth the other day and that's what I found.

Gotta keep up on the matinance man. Clean, tighten, and lube every 200-250 miles. I'm willing to bet your front sprocket looks close to that. :rulez:

My stock chain/sprockets lasted 20k.
For that exact reason I bought a damn good RK x-ring chain and STEEL sprockets. I expect to get near 20k on this set too. I check/adjust chain every 3-4 rides. Clean/lube with Maxima chain wax every weeks worth of riding , or after any rain ride. I live in NW Washington so , avoiding rain entirely is not an option.

Gotta keep up on the matinance man. Clean, tighten, and lube every 200-250 miles. I'm willing to bet your front sprocket looks close to that. :rulez:

The front is steel and looks good, the rear was aluminum and as you can see was hammered. I put a steel one back on the rear.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I realized my rear sproket and chain were shot...I just bought a new front tire the day before. Front rotors are next when I have a few extra $$$.

I used to have a Katana 750 and that thing was pretty much maintenance free!!

Stop using Vortex aluminum sprockets. Steel is the way to go.

I used to run Renthal Ti coated Aluminum rear sprockets. They would last me around 6months.

Back