Digital recovery from Airport Security!! Image Recovery software is Da Bomb

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I recently went through Airport X-Ray and thought I lost many pic's on my CF card.
See the thread here!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...gital-cameras-airport-security-don-t-mix.html

I ran a program to retrieve the pics and it did not work at first. I then reformatted the CF Card and did another recovery and it worked.

Kudos to Lexar CF.:beerchug:

JPEG_000.JPG

JPEG_004.JPG

JPEG_007.JPG

JPEG_009.JPG

JPEG_012.JPG

JPEG_013.JPG

JPEG_017.JPG

JPEG_018.JPG

JPEG_019.JPG

JPEG_021.JPG

JPEG_035.JPG

JPEG_040.JPG

JPEG_050.JPG

JPEG_053.JPG

JPEG_054.JPG

JPEG_056.JPG

JPEG_057.JPG

JPEG_061.JPG

JPEG_064.JPG

JPEG_066.JPG

Interesting. My gear has been through airport x-Ray machines literally thousands of times without issue.

Might be wise to consider tossing that particular memory card in the garbage.

Nice composition on the sky photos. :thumbsup:

Neat pics!

What software did you use for the recovery?

Bubba...that was the best news I heard all day yesterday. I'm so glad for you.

:beerchug:

Awesome pix! What good times, and I love your t-shirt! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Interesting. My gear has been through airport x-Ray machines literally thousands of times without issue.

Might be wise to consider tossing that particular memory card in the garbage.

Nice composition on the sky photos. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but that card is not going anywhere. It has served me well and I am having a hard time finding a better one. The image recovery software that came with it has saved other cards as well.

It is a Lexar 8G 300X. I have had it for about 2yrs and been through numerous security scans and never had a problem. I think the extra time under the X-ray just caused a little glitch. I am looking into the 16G 300X card, but I have a hard time justifying the need, it just sounds cool to have 16G of memory. :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos on the sky pics, the Arizona weather was spectacular and those pics do not do it justice. I wish I had taken more of the dark rain clouds. The lightening shots were very hard to get without a tripod and remote.

Thanks again,
Bubba

Neat pics!

What software did you use for the recovery?

It is the Image Recovery software that came on the CF card.

Lexar puts this on the card, and you download it to your computer before you format the card.

I believe you can go online and download it from the Lexar site.

Bubba

It is the Image Recovery software that came on the CF card.

Lexar puts this on the card, and you download it to your computer before you format the card.

I believe you can go online and download it from the Lexar site.

Bubba

I may have to take a look at it, thanks!

CF...you using Canon gear?

I may have to take a look at it, thanks!

CF...you using Canon gear?

Yes, Canon 40D for now. I want to upgrade to the 7D soon.
Wish I could justify the move to a 5D or a 1, but they are way pricey!

Do you use Canon?

Bubba

Awesome news...so, what's with the guys in the bed of that truck?! :poke:

That's the local posse going out for their Sat nite drive by!:laugh:

J/K There was a festival and a parade that day, and there was a lot of horses and cowboy's riding in the streets.

Bubba

great news Bubba glad you got them recovered, thanks for sharing your pics also....:thumbsup:

That's awesome Bubba! I'm glad you were able to retieve the images of those great memories. Some cool pics in there especially the lightning one!
Nothing like popsicles and horses in the street. :laugh:

Yes, Canon 40D for now. I want to upgrade to the 7D soon.
Wish I could justify the move to a 5D or a 1, but they are way pricey!

Do you use Canon?

Bubba

40D...nice. Yep, I have an XTi now. Been wanting to upgrade, but I keep talking myself out of it. LOL Let me know if you're wanting to sell the 40D...I may be interested if the price is right.

7D is nice...so is the 50D. I have some EF-S lenses, so sticking with the 50D or 40D would be good.

Back