Different Kind of Transformer

Jay Willie

Donating Member
Registered
Kyle Moody, the younger brother of Dustin Moody (.oRg screen name 'Moody'), created this old school bobber from a myriad of parts. I was so impressed with this young man's creativity, I just had to show the .oRg. This is the latest of creations from the mind of an extremely affiable, and exceptionally talented young man. I hope others enjoy this as much as I did and if you get a chance to check it out up close and personal, you'll be mesmerized by the intricacies of his little baby. Currently residing in the Overland Park suburb of Kansas City, you guys on the south end of town may catch him riding this thing to work around the south Metcalf area from around Shawnee Mission Parkway to the JC Penny warehouse out on I-435. His older brother Dustin is a very talented and creative mechanic living in Southeast Kansas. I've been trying to get him to do a pictorial on his NOS upgrade to his '08, and maybe if we can encourage him enough, he'll post a write up. Sorry I only got one pic but I hope you can see enough to enjoy this young man's talent!

Kyle's Kreation.jpg

...and yes, that is an acetylene torch suicide shifter w/ accompanying clutch lever, not to mention the old timey fire extinguisher fuel tank! Very creative!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Kyle's Kreation.jpg

Red and Green would be proud... :laugh: nothing like new blood and a pile of parts needing a motor

:thumbsup: but were are the handle bars.

Man, I wished I could've taken more pics! They are really difficult to pick out when you don't have the 3-D view, but the theme of the bike is copper and steel. The longer copper pipes that are swept back from the area of the triple tree are the handle bars. Also, the battery box is a metal ammunition box and the chain guard is made to look like a munitions belt of bullets for a machine gun. The list goes on my brothers, I hope this shows up as a photo op in a magazine sometime...it's a unique work of art! :beerchug:

I had the pleasure of seeing it in person along with Jay Willie. He is right> the pictures dont do it justice. Every single piece of the bike is unique. It is truly a work of art ! I spent at least 20 minutes staring at it finding unique parts. Kyle has real talent !

Kind words, Street! Thanks for the bump (and here's another!). Just trying to get a good word out for another 'busa brother's brother. Hope everyone's Father's Day was good. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

His older brother Dustin is a very talented and creative mechanic living in Southeast Kansas.

Jay!!! im the younger brother not the older brother!!!! :rofl: im kyles younger big brother.

i can see if i can get some more pics to post and it has already been in one magazine so far, two of his bikes have been in 'amuzin krusin'. cant remember the month issues but this copper bike was very recent. kyle says he appreciates everyones comments and that this posting by jay is very inspirational.

I'll tell you what. Get a camera and set it to the lowest resolution (like the shot above 600 x 371 so I don't have to resize them). Walk around the bike very slowly (like in slow motion movie) and keep taking shots - 30-60 altogether. Get me a sequence of shots, and I'll put it in GIF file so we can see the animation.

It's hard to see much in this picture.

Back