DIfferent Dyno - Same results

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
I told you guys that I had the bike dyno'd at a bike rally (dynojet 250i portable) and the bike made 150.30/90.31. Run was done @ 2257 and 81 Degrees.

Had it dyno'd again today at a non-portable dynojet. The results

4 run average is 146.21/89.01 at 1214 and 78 degrees.

It seems as if I am 12 to 15 hp and 10-12 ftlbs short of where I should be with my mods.

The bike is running pig rich on both dyno's, for the most part richer than 13:1. I am hoping that a custom tune will fix this and get the power up to where it should be for my mods.

Right now I am very digusted with the whole thing. I am going to rip my gauges out and get them in the mail to Scott. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Don

is the hmf exhaust designed to be incorporrated (sp) with a small airbox mod?

brocks exhaust i thought was the only made to go with the small box mod.

my advice is to ebay the hmf and get a gen3
super.gif

(psycobusa @ Oct. 04 2006,15:13) is the hmf exhaust designed to be incorporrated (sp) with a small airbox mod?

brocks exhaust i thought was the only made to go with the small box mod.

my advice is to ebay the hmf and get a gen3
super.gif
I liked the balanced look of the Dual high mount HMFs. There are ppl with the same mods as I have making mid 160s. My next step will be a custom tune. Right now I am using the map from dynojet for these mods and making less than stock hp.

Don

Oh yeah, the only difference is that on the first dyno run I was using 93 octane and on the second it was 87.

Don

(usn04limited @ Oct. 04 2006,15:10) Ok,
 I told you guys that I had the bike dyno'd at a bike rally (dynojet 250i portable) and the bike made 150.30/90.31.  Run was done @ 2257 and 81 Degrees.

Had it dyno'd again today at a non-portable dynojet.  The results

It seems as if I am 12 to 15 hp and 10-12 ftlbs short of where I should be with my mods.  

The bike is running pig rich on both dyno's, for the most part richer than 13:1.  I am hoping that a custom tune will fix this and get the power up to where it should be for my mods.

Right now I am very digusted with the whole thing.  I am going to rip my gauges out and get them in the mail to Scott.  Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Don
I got mine dynoed at Wheelers in NC while at the Bash. Bone stock except for the K&N filer and drilled cans.

Portable dynojet 150 upgraded to 200. 150/93 at 2,000 ft, 70 something degrees (I don't have the sheet in front of me).

A good dyno tune will help a little, but don't just compare the top number. You really need to make sure all of the mods are working together to push the top end. You should have more power earlier and throughout the powerband, which is power you really use. I'll scan my dyno sheet and put it up here for you to compare.

(usn04limited @ Oct. 04 2006,15:10) Ok,
 I told you guys that I had the bike dyno'd at a bike rally (dynojet 250i portable) and the bike made 150.30/90.31.  Run was done @ 2257 and 81 Degrees.

Had it dyno'd again today at a non-portable dynojet.  The results

The bike is running pig rich on both dyno's, for the most part richer than 13:1.  I am hoping that a custom tune will fix this and get the power up to where it should be for my mods.

Right now I am very digusted with the whole thing.  I am going to rip my gauges out and get them in the mail to Scott.  Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Don
If you decide to rip off the HMF, please throw it into my garbage can for disposal
wink.gif

I am hoping that a custom map will help more than just a little, because right now I am on the verge of ripping the engine out of the damn thing and sending it to Golden Child for at least his stage one package and maybe a stage 2.

Don

I am not sure what you mean by making sure the mods are working together. The mods list is complete on my signature, I am considering pulling the TRE and see what if that will help with the thing being so rich, but since I have my gauges packed and ready to ship, I will have to wait until I get them back.

Don

Pull the tre, spend the $$ to get a custom map and watch what happens. PM NJ for a Dual HMF map, he's got a good one that will get you by until you get your own.

(usn04limited @ Oct. 04 2006,16:05) I am not sure what you mean by making sure the mods are working together.  The mods list is complete on my signature, I am considering pulling the TRE and see what if that will help with the thing being so rich, but since I have my gauges packed and ready to ship, I will have to wait until I get them back.

Don
Don,

What I meant is that doing one mod that is good for 10 HP on its own and doing a second mod thats good for 5 HP on its own may not produce 15 HP. In fact, they may countact each other and lower the HP from what it was before any mods were done. I'm not saying that is happening with your bike, but I've seen it alot.

Gauges, you don't need no stinking gauges
smile.gif

Anyway, here is the printout I promised.

Image1.jpg

Back