Different camera mounts

Gregor6

Registered
So I was out yesterday. I rode all around, put over 200 miles on the bike.
I got gas and was about 5 miles from the station to find my jacket pocket unzipped and my camera gone. :banghead:

Yeah I rode back down any place I think could have knocked it out of my pocket. No luck.
Not too big of a deal its just a cheapo Kodak that recorded 1080. I was thinking about a GoPro anyway..

Really I am bummed that I was so close to actually being able to take a video worth watching with it. :rofl:
I have different mounts made up for front and rear recording...yes even a lovely view of my butt. :moon: :rofl:

ANYWAY. Since I seen a lot of GoPro users....or any other camera for that matter..

Where are your mounts? Not only forward video but rear "chase" views as well?
(as long as I leave it mounted and not in my pocket I'll be okay. :whistle:)

I had it on the grab bar.
PIC_0362.jpg

Since then I made a mount to put the camera upright.

i use a gopro and love it...heres where i like mine mounted,right on the chin,i like it because i can turn my head to point the camera in any direction i want,with it mounted to the bike you only record straight ahead...picture below and link to short video below picture
SANY0005resized.jpg

- ‪helmet chin mount.avi‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i use a gopro and love it...heres where i like mine mounted,right on the chin,i like it because i can turn my head to point the camera in any direction i want,with it mounted to the bike you only record straight ahead...picture below and link to short video below picture

just wondering how much the camera is in your field of vision...and do you notice the extra weight?

Thinking about getting one...

Very little infront of your view,and no notice of any weight with it on...and i use my body as a shock absorber on rough roads to get a smoother video.

And the little infront of your view is only with the guages ,your view of the road is not obstructed in any way

Here is my mount, made it the day I got the bike. Look at the right mirror.

2011-04-11_17-36-33_178.jpg

i use a gopro and love it...heres where i like mine mounted,right on the chin,i like it because i can turn my head to point the camera in any direction
I made my own when I had the R6. I didnt really like it because I still missed stuff I thought I was recording, but I never turned my head far enough.

I can't get the box to pop up for me, but this is how it turned out...
- ‪Starting ABATE ride at Farrows‬‏[/url]

Thats about the style of footage I'm after, looks good.

Here is my mount, made it the day I got the bike. Look at the right mirror.

I had it on my mirror, the footage is somewhere along the road :whistle: but it was so shakey it would make you sea sick to watch it.
Did you add any support to it? Or is it just a better camera with better image stabilization?

I had it on my mirror, the footage is somewhere along the road :whistle: but it was so shakey it would make you sea sick to watch it.
Did you add any support to it? Or is it just a better camera with better image stabilization?

Try this: I made one with a RAM mount bolted to the front mirror bolts. Put one on each side. I had to use the stock mirrors & a bit of grinding on the RAM mount so it will not rotate.

Can see how stable it is on the video footage first: Wasn't going that fast, no knee on the ground stuff, I was leading a big group that day behind me.

Last edited:
On-board photography looks like this:

Gopro_pashnit_0878_800.jpg

hayabusa_gopro_2.jpg

(can see the RAM ball in this one - one on each side)

Pict0082_SonoraPass.jpg

Pict0014_gopro_900.jpg

Pict0014_gopro_900.jpg

Gopro_pashnit_0878_800.jpg

hayabusa_gopro_2.jpg

Pict0082_SonoraPass.jpg

Last edited:
I made my own when I had the R6. I didnt really like it because I still missed stuff I thought I was recording, but I never turned my head far enough.

I can't get the box to pop up for me, but this is how it turned out...
- ‪Starting ABATE ride at Farrows‬‏[/url]

Thats about the style of footage I'm after, looks good.

My solution was to shim the snap in mount with with one of the backs of the sticky mounts. You know the red plastic you peel off of the sticky? I put that under the slide in snap mount. No shake or wobble.

On-board photography looks like this:
View attachment 225526
Cool! I was going to ask about that pic! Thanks!

My solution was to shim the snap in mount with with one of the backs of the sticky mounts. You know the red plastic you peel off of the sticky? I put that under the slide in snap mount. No shake or wobble.

I think I get the idea. :thumbsup: I'll have to watch one of your videos taken from that mount sometime. :poke: :laugh:

The GoPro comes with a butt load of mounts. Helmets, swingarms, tank. I need one that mounts in the steering stem.

Back