Different bike for every day of the week

Quiksilver

Registered
It seems every time I start my bike it's a different animal. Fueling seems to be constantly off. I'm not sure if I have a sensor going bad, a bad fuel injector, fouled plug, or something in the throttle body that's busted but I'm at the end of my rope. Clutch out idle afr is 13ish clutch in bike wants to stall. I was heading back to work and I was holding it at 4k and the afr was at 13 then it dropped to 10 or so. Rolled throttle afr came up rolled off dropped etc. Are there any good aftermarket stock size injectors out there?

It seems every time I start my bike it's a different animal. Fueling seems to be constantly off. I'm not sure if I have a sensor going bad, a bad fuel injector, fouled plug, or something in the throttle body that's busted but I'm at the end of my rope. Clutch out idle afr is 13ish clutch in bike wants to stall. I was heading back to work and I was holding it at 4k and the afr was at 13 then it dropped to 10 or so. Rolled throttle afr came up rolled off dropped etc. Are there any good aftermarket stock size injectors out there?

I have 4 gen 2 injectors with about 200 miles on them if interested to buy

FIrst check the MAP sensor and be sure to check the vacuum hose connected to it is intact and sealing well enough to hold and maintain vacuum.
Also check the MAP sensor electrical connector plug pins and general security of said plug.
One thing to look at as well is the manifold vacuum at each throttle body using a vacuum balance gauges set. There may be a manifold vacuum leak.
If you do suspect a vacuum leak, an old method of testing for it is to spray brake clean or propane around the general area while it's idling, You'll soon hear the revs pick up if there is a leak.
Hey, that is where I'd start looking if it was my bike.
You could remove the injectors and have them flow tested to check the spray pattern, and check for leakage, and have them ultrassonic cleaned too, ya never know, it may be an injector issue, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Being a gen 1 turbo bike, more then likely the check valve that vents off boost that’s in line with the map sensor is sticking.
FIrst check the MAP sensor and be sure to check the vacuum hose connected to it is intact and sealing well enough to hold and maintain vacuum.
Also check the MAP sensor electrical connector plug pins and general security of said plug.
One thing to look at as well is the manifold vacuum at each throttle body using a vacuum balance gauges set. There may be a manifold vacuum leak.
If you do suspect a vacuum leak, an old method of testing for it is to spray brake clean or propane around the general area while it's idling, You'll soon hear the revs pick up if there is a leak.
Hey, that is where I'd start looking if it was my bike.
You could remove the injectors and have them flow tested to check the spray pattern, and check for leakage, and have them ultrassonic cleaned too, ya never know, it may be an injector issue, but ya gotta start somewhere. Di

I think o will give the brake cleaner a shot on the intake boots. I've been wanting to get a carb tune for awhile now. The motion pro I have is somewhat of a pain to operate. I've looked at the connections while back but I will check it over again. The check valve I had did go bad. Are there any better options? I I purchased a new one and it was doa fresh out the box. Anyone ever route the check valve away from the engine area?

Back