Difference in stators?

Blacksmith

Registered
Yep 'mother question fir y'all. Is there any real difference freon one stator to another? Mine isn't damaged but it's been exposed and if nothing else it'll make me feel better to replace it but I see them everywhere from 65$ to 250. I only have under body led's and wont have heated great or anything like that so I don't need a high output version but don't want a cheap Chinese one either sho is there a "better" one to get or anything will do?

OEM is the only reliable source. Aftermarket including Rick's high output of extra 100 watts do not last . Prone to overcharge that will affect battery life also .
You are spot on , OEM Japanese quality all the way with anything electrical . . . I’ve seen aftermarket Chinese reg/rectifiers charging at 15.5v continuously, damaging a near new battery quickly.
Better to pay a little more and pay only once!

Good information to know. Probably going to replace mine this year, even though it is still working OK. 93000 miles on the original but I have started using heated gear now so just figure it is time.

Had ricks since 2012 plus the regulator,

Below copy n paste .

Tell me about the 5 Rick's starter motors I've ordered for my XV920R this year. And a defective R&R.

Rick order mass produced crap from China and sell it to "you."

I understand your frustration brother...
Pete

I would still rather buy crap from him instead of brock. ;)

This would be Bricks thoughts on stators...
Boil them in vinegar to clean, then remove some of the excess copper windings.
And then replace what's left with thinner, lighter wire.
It'll make your bike sooooo quick, Gould be scared to ride it...
:fire:

This would be Bricks thoughts on stators...
Boil them in vinegar to clean, then remove some of the excess copper windings.
And then replace what's left with thinner, lighter wire.
It'll make your bike sooooo quick, Gould be scared to ride it...
:fire:
Yeah but he would first fry and smoke it on the bbq because that gives it a different flavour - which means more top speed at the end of the day!

Back