Diesel trucks?

Thats pretty cool Jim, but I am afraid of the local techs here. I buy my oil at walmart, T-5 Rotella and my filters at Oriellys. I usually spend right at 100 for filter and oil.
I hear you on that one. They do get the cream of the crop don't they? :rofl:

F-350 2000 7.3 4x4 CC SWR Air Raid filter and box -4in exhaust Mag Hytec pans and diff covers-Edge programmer and digital gauges, Pulls 12,000 lb loaded toy hauler easily- no gas motor doing that and getting 12 mpg towing. Unloaded she gets 16-19 mpg. I like the older Cummings also- some friends have big miles w/o problems.
Diesel has more BTU's per gallon than gasoline and diesel fuel is somewhat of a lubricant to the motor which in turn usually results in double the life of a diesel over a gas powered truck. I do add MMO to the new low sulphur diesel though.
When was the last time you saw a gas motor in a Peterbuilt?

Heres a pic of the above described truck day after blizzard. And her trailer

edtrucksnow.jpg

Th 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have owned a number of Ford Power Stroke Diesel trucks and would own nothing else. They have been trouble free and with only a couple of little minor issues with a couple of them which ford quickly took care of.

Pull the lever on the fuel filter and drain any accumulated water once a month and replace the filter every 15K miles or so and the bruits will run forever. I have one logger friend who has 450K mile on his ford diesel and it's still running strong.

FORD TOUGH! a true statement!

Here's my question though... why won't domestic truck makers jump on board and start producing smaller diesel motors for lighter duty trucks. For instancke I would love to see a 4.0L turbo diesel in a 1/2 truck or suv instead of a twin turbo V-6 gasser. The technology is there.. I just don't know why they wont use it. MB has an excellent 3.2L diesel in their mid size SUV's and they get great mileage and can still pull.

Here's my question though... why won't domestic truck makers jump on board and start producing smaller diesel motors for lighter duty trucks. For instancke I would love to see a 4.0L turbo diesel in a 1/2 truck or suv instead of a twin turbo V-6 gasser. The technology is there.. I just don't know why they wont use it. MB has an excellent 3.2L diesel in their mid size SUV's and they get great mileage and can still pull.

From what i have read most of it is due to emissions and the companys not thinking there is a huge market for em, i've heard of tons of small diesel trucks and cars overseas, just never make it here

Well un update. Just traded in the 05 F-350 for something more to my liking!!!
And yeah, its got the HEMI . . .
New Dodge Truck!!!!! 009.jpg

New Dodge Truck!!!!! 009.jpg

Funny you should mention that.. I was working on a deal today to trade my
f250 in on a Nissan titan... I'll know more tomorrow..

Nice ram though!

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Im picking up one next weekend 1 owner 32k miles garage kept NEVER seen snow and only seen RAIN 8 times Guy is 74yrs old and bought it new in 03. Fully loaded quad cab, Hemi 5.7, 4x4 laramie package and tow package, oil changed every 2k miles all services done at the dealer and has all records and original window sticker.

I haven't looked to see if they were going through with it or not, but earlier this year they were talking about offering the optional diesel package in the F150 trucks for 2012.

Back