DID YOU KNOW?

gurrera

Registered
VIEW PICTURES BELOW FOR INTERESTING FACTS YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN.

Gurrera

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

The first one about Lance Armstrong is interesing, people don't understand the toughest endurance sport there is, racing 140 miles over the Alps and doing it again the next day.

I raced pro, late 70's early 80's and aborted due to doping, decided it was safer to get a college degree and a safer career. A few of my buddies who I use to beat every race as Junior started doping around the age of 21 and after a year or so, I could not even sit their wheels, slip streaming in a race. They just left me in the dust.

The first one about Lance Armstrong is interesing, people don't understand the toughest endurance sport there is, racing 140 miles over the Alps and doing it again the next day.

I raced pro, late 70's early 80's and aborted due to doping, decided it was safer to get a college degree and a safer career. A few of my buddies who I use to beat every race as Junior started doping around the age of 21 and after a year or so, I could not even sit their wheels, slip streaming in a race. They just left me in the dust.
That is crazy I never actually knew how drastic the doping effects were.
I mean what does it do? Does it come on as a rush of adrenaline like caffeine or is it just an increase in stamina? I just can’t fathom what the additional oxygenated blood does. I’m an out of shape fat ass, and I’m pretty certain I would still be even with EPO

Builds muscle mass and lots of it. Over oxygenation of the blood aids stamina
It's gotten so bad that it has made it into amateur junior hockey (16 to 18) in the hopes of making the American hockey League sort of like semi pro or possibly the NHL. Which stats show to be 1 player for every ten thousand players in a given year.

That is crazy I never actually knew how drastic the doping effects were.
I mean what does it do? Does it come on as a rush of adrenaline like caffeine or is it just an increase in stamina? I just can’t fathom what the additional oxygenated blood does. I’m an out of shape fat ass, and I’m pretty certain I would still be even with EPO
In my days EPO was not invented yet, but they say there is up to 10% additional power output for a cyclist on EPO due to the additional available red blood cells carrying oxygen to the muscles. Basically the same as doing a blood transfusion shortly before a race. The big one is anabolic steroids, or a steroid with a growth hormone. For a cyclist it is not so much about building muscle, because these folks try and reduce weight as much as they can. It is about training and recovery. Recovery is even more important than the training, otherwise overtraining will reduce performance to the extent where an athlete becomes sick. The steroid speeds recovery a whole lot faster, meaning the athlete can train more and harder with resulting performance improvement.

Sugar ray robinson wasnt even his real name.. his real name was walker smith Jr.... funny story how he became known as sugar ray.. and in my estimation he.... SRR... stands completely alone as the greatest fighter to ever live... even ali recognized sugar rays superiority to Ali himself. pound for pound.

Oxygenation of blood just gets more 02 to your muscles than can be exchanged in your lungs under normal condition. This prevents cramps and muscle strain

In my days EPO was not invented yet, but they say there is up to 10% additional power output for a cyclist on EPO due to the additional available red blood cells carrying oxygen to the muscles. Basically the same as doing a blood transfusion shortly before a race. The big one is anabolic steroids, or a steroid with a growth hormone. For a cyclist it is not so much about building muscle, because these folks try and reduce weight as much as they can. It is about training and recovery. Recovery is even more important than the training, otherwise overtraining will reduce performance to the extent where an athlete becomes sick. The steroid speeds recovery a whole lot faster, meaning the athlete can train more and harder with resulting performance improvement.
Geezeeee I missed your response I’m sorry, thank you for the informative thorough response. I never realized how much these drugs could aid in an upper hand when it comes to sports. Is an anabolic steroid the same as someone takes for weight training?

Geezeeee I missed your response I’m sorry, thank you for the informative thorough response. I never realized how much these drugs could aid in an upper hand when it comes to sports. Is an anabolic steroid the same as someone takes for weight training?
Essentially the same, yes. Also human growth hormone (HGH) is, or was, another common method of performance enhancement. In the old days testing didn't look for concentrations as much as it did banned substances. Trainers and athletes used things which occurred naturally, but in higher levels to gain advantage. Blood doping was especially successful because it involves no outside substances at all, everything used is entirely yours.

Essentially the same, yes. Also human growth hormone (HGH) is, or was, another common method of performance enhancement. In the old days testing didn't look for concentrations as much as it did banned substances. Trainers and athletes used things which occurred naturally, but in higher levels to gain advantage. Blood doping was especially successful because it involves no outside substances at all, everything used is entirely yours.

Nandrolone, with the trade name Deca-Durabolin is both a steroid and a growth hormone, being an anabolic steroid. The body produces this naturally, however in small quantities. In a drug test what is detected is the metabolism product 19-norandrosterone in the urene. The limit is 2ng per ml of urinine. It remains controversial though, some samples detected in athletes tested a 100 times higher and external reasons such as training and diet were supposedly the cause.

Deca-Durabolin became available in the US around 1983, but has been around much longer in other countries.

In short, for a muscle building athlete it works very well, while for an endurance athlete it speeds recovery allowing a much higher training and performace improvement schedule. It is mainly used in training, then tapered down before competition, so it cannot be detected during testing. That is why professional cyclists have a contract allowing testing randomly 365 days a year and they have to inform USADA of their daily schedule and whereabouts, so they can be tested any time.

Sadly, for Lance Armstrong, he just did his thing better than anyone else. Had he raced clean, it would have compared to going to a gun fight with a knife. His physician, Dr. Ferari was also the best in the business, knowing how to have an athlete dope and test clean.

Last edited:
Did they test for specific levels in cycling in the 80's and early 90's? In track it was not a common practice. At least not at the amateur level. Take flu medicine and you'd pop dirty, but you could be juiced out of your mind and nobody noticed....

Did they test for specific levels in cycling in the 80's and early 90's? In track it was not a common practice. At least not at the amateur level. Take flu medicine and you'd pop dirty, but you could be juiced out of your mind and nobody noticed....

My wife was a national athlete in track and field in 2008 and onwards. They hardly got tested AT ALL... its simply too expensive in such "unpopular sports"..... The tour de france is a different league (financially)!

Nandrolone, with the trade name Deca-Durabolin is both a steroid and a growth hormone, being an anabolic steroid. The body produces this naturally, however in small quantities. In a drug test what is detected is the metabolism product 19-norandrosterone in the urene. The limit is 2ng per ml of urinine. It remains controversial though, some samples detected in athletes tested a 100 times higher and external reasons such as training and diet were supposedly the cause.

Deca-Durabolin became available in the US around 1983, but has been around much longer in other countries.

In short, for a muscle building athlete it works very well, while for an endurance athlete it speeds recovery allowing a much higher training and performace improvement schedule. It is mainly used in training, then tapered down before competition, so it cannot be detected during testing. That is why professional cyclists have a contract allowing testing randomly 365 days a year and they have to inform USADA of their daily schedule and whereabouts, so they can be tested any time.

Sadly, for Lance Armstrong, he just did his thing better than anyone else. Had he raced clean, it would have compared to going to a gun fight with a knife. His physician, Dr. Ferari was also the best in the business, knowing how to have an athlete dope and test clean.

Just out of curiosity - Deca / or nandrolone is a growth hormone? I dont think so.

Just out of curiosity - Deca / or nandrolone is a growth hormone? I dont think so.
No it is not, however research shows that it has some similar effects on the pituitatry gland, hence the comparison. But technically you are correct.

The worst part in all this is that Lance Armstrong never actually failed a test. I read an article not long ago (that I can't seem to find now) where he stated that the team knew the precise burn rate of the things they were using and were able to skirt the system then in place by keeping levels below the thresholds in place at the time. Maybe they should make them test during a stage rather than before or after?

The worst part in all this
is that Lance Armstrong
never actually failed a test .

I read an article not long ago
( that I can not seem to find now )
where he stated that the team knew
the precise burn rate of the things
they were using and were able
to skirt the system then in place
by keeping levels below the
thresholds in place at the time .

Maybe they should make them test
during a stage rather than before or after ?

Back