Did you ever run from the popo?

umairhashmi

Registered
Yes its a stupid thing to do and its also idiotic.However this post isnt about all that.My question is have YOU ever done it or not? Also what made you do it??? Be honest now folks

Nope. Though I can probably outrun a cop, I can never outrun their radio.

Besides, the price for pulling over is far less than the price of trying to run. Pulling over, I only face a citation. Trying to run, I'm now risking my life.

Besides, the price for pulling over is far less than the price of trying to run. Pulling over, I only face a citation. Trying to run, I'm now risking my life.
Hmm.I know in dade country they have strict protocols not to chase bikes unless there is a felony involved.

I've heard that rumor in my neck of the woods (Marion County) but can't remember now which agency or all 3, City, County, or State.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156714343 -->

Hmm.I know in dade country they have strict protocols not to chase bikes unless there is a felony involved.
FHP has a Zero Percent Persuit Policy unless its a felony (not sure about Metro Dade or BSO) but FHP will still chase you. About 3 years ago a FHP was killed in Orlando while chasing a Busa who was racing a Porche. The FHP's tire blew out, he lost control, and slammed into a tree. The Busa rider was later caught at a rest stop on I-4 and was charged with manslaughter.

I posted the story here. I gotta go now but I'll look for it and link to it when I get back.

yes (but not on my bike which is probably what you are asking) and i don't recommend it...way to much chance of something going very, very wrong
down.gif

Long ago, 1980 or so, those of familiar with the Marina del Rey area in Los Angeles know Lincoln Blvd between Culver Blvd and Fiji Way, well it used to be very undeveloped, and as I was turning north onto Lincoln, my then younger attitude persuaded me to lift the front tire of my GS 1000, only to see a police car stopped at the light, headed the other way. I saw his lights go on, but there was a median so he was basically stuck for a moment, so I went through the gears well into the triple digit range and finally at Fiji turned and went into what was then Boys Supermarket. I wandered around in there for about 15 minutes before going back to my bike, parked in a reasonably full parking lot. Luckily, I outgrew stupid about then and never did it again.

yes i have. just about every riding season. at least once.state police and local.NOT a good thing to do i know !! but i was breaking the law every time and would hate to know what happens when caught !!!ive even sold my first busa so as i would stop ...ended up buying another .and doing bad things again.:( but im trying to get better .

Nope. Ever heard that saying "You're gonna pay if you're gonna play"? Well that's just part of the "pay".

Nope. Ever heard that saying "You're gonna pay if you're gonna play"? Well that's just part of the "pay".
easier said than done! I take it you really dont get on the bike much ..cause id be in jail or without a licence on this bike using your motto!!!!!!!!LMFAO.

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156716767 -->

Does kinda ducking off the road and quietly going away count?
blush.gif

Or do you flatass have to try (well, not TRY) to outrun them where they can see you?

No its not impossible to out run the damn radio. If you can get out of sight, you can do it. Just have to 'play it smart' kinda ironic but yeah. But ofcourse your best chance would be while you are on a bike. But anyways I would not do it because at least in Texas once you start running you are a Felon so its not worth it unless you did something you DO NOT want to be taken alive for.

easier said than done! I take it you really dont get on the bike much ..cause id be in jail or without a licence on this bike using your motto!!!!!!!!LMFAO.
Hmmm, maybe I can control my right wrist better than you.

It just isn't worth my life to NOT get a ticket.
i dont know about your bike but mine does 85 in first gear alone!!sooo with out even trying i can and do get to about 140 in 3rd or 4th gear .and anything over 85 is reckless and requires a court visit.so since im riding a fast bike in a slow state.you 1 either dont ride it .2 ride it like a scooter,or 3 ride it like its ment to be ridden and take your chances with the police.but to just pull over if the getting is good is just giving up your license and your money lol .soo youve either never been pulled for speeding or just dont ride your bike fast.but your motto is B.S LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not run but did exit into a rest area on Saturday after passing a Hi-Po while I was doing around 85. He turned around from the access road so I exited quickly. He came into the rest area and slowly passed me as I was casually removing my gear. He then parked at the end of the rest area and within 2 minutes pulled someone else over.

Does that count??
rock.gif

Seems stupid to risk a felony evasion charge. Some people just need to learn a little self disipline.......

i was going to but there was a car waiting up the road who blocked the road. i just played stupid. and said i did not see the other car. points are better than a felony. points mean pay for playin. felony means. i lose my job. i will take the points. after my last court time. i changed my gears to get up to speed faster. it can be just as fun as going 213mph.:D

Back