Did you adjust your controls?

Greenbean

Registered
So I started adjusting some controls last night after removing my right side decals. I didn't like the fact that I had to completey remove my left foot and almost stomp my shifter to downshift.

I am 6'4" tall and wear a 15...
laugh.gif

Well I adjusted the shifter down some and then the brake pedal, I was wondering if you guys also adjust your levers any. I might angle mine just a wee bit more downward.  But am waiting for my Pazzo shorties before i adjust the angle. Hopefully they will be in today when I get home.

So whats the best way to properly adjust your shift and rear brake lever. I ended up riding around and trying to feel with my inner toed edge if each lever was the same angle.  What do you guys recommend?  I am probably going to check the height from the ground up after I get my redline stand...My shifter is angled great and where it's at my foot goes right and I rub the kick stand, it's actually a great reference point to know where my foot is at.

You thoughts
smile.gif

yep i adjusted everything to my liking, my shifter was a mile high from the factory and my clutch and front brake levers were set on the #1 position which i dont like either.

I even adjust for Steel toe boots, and riding boots, I actually have how many turns written down.
cool.gif
Im Six -4 and 260

Adjusting levers and such are one of the many little pleasures of getting a new bike and the first steps of making it yours.
When I got my Gen 1 the front brake lever was so high I had to take my hand off the bar to get over it. The shifter was set so high I had to lift my foot completely off the peg to reach it, let alone shift it. Front tire had 40 lbs in it and the rear had over 50. Rode it 70 miles home from the stealership like this, and they wonder why I don't bring it back for servicing.
whistling.gif

Be careful how low you adjust the shift lever-especially with the Buell peg mod. If you adjust it too low it will hit the kickstand on the downshift to 1st gear and won't let it go in all the way. Trust me, the time to learn this is not when you're turning left in front of oncoming traffic
wowold.gif
Don't ask me how I know. It's best to adjust it on a rear stand with the kickstand up to be sure there's no interference.

Be careful how low you adjust the shift lever-especially with the Buell peg mod. If you adjust it too low it will hit the kickstand on the downshift to 1st gear and won't let it go in all the way. Trust me, the time to learn this is not when you're turning left in front of oncoming traffic
wowold.gif
 Don't ask me how I know. It's best to adjust it on a rear stand with the kickstand up to be sure there's no interference.
Thanks for the heads up, I have my shiter dead on where i want it, my shoes touch the kickstand edge and I just slide it up under. Kind if like a reference point.

But on the other hand I realized I have been riding 4-5 days with my brake lights on all the time, praise God I didn't get pulled. I was moving the bike Sat night at the Cold Stone and realized my brake lamp wasn't getting any brighter when I had the front brake on, I got to looking and realized when I adjusted the rear brake lever down for better comfort and activation I didn't adjust the black plastic threaded swith either.So my brake light has been on the whole time,
whistling.gif
Got it handled with cramped hands and some patience.

I am gonna try and adjust the lever angle a tad this weekend, Now that i got my Pazzos I am ready to adjust them.
thumb_up.gif

I was just wondering if you could adjust the throddle where it is easier to use. Mine seems kind of had to give it gas and i know on some other bikes i have road they dont seem to be that tight. Thanks, Doug

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

I was just wondering if you could adjust the throddle where it is easier to use. Mine seems kind of had to give it gas and i know on some other bikes i have road they dont seem to be that tight. Thanks, Doug
You might search out the R1 throttle mod...

Evidently you can replace the throttle grip with a yamaha R1 and it lets you get to full throttle sooner.

Somebody will chime in on this hopefully.

You might search out the R1 throttle mod...

Evidently you can replace the throttle grip with a yamaha R1 and it lets you get to full throttle sooner.  

Somebody will chime in on this hopefully.
Thanks, I did the search and read what they said but it dosen't tell me if it makes it easier to give it gas or not. For some reason mine just seems to be a little tight but maybe its the wasy it is. I checked a new one while i was at the dealer and it felt about the same so i was wondering if i can adjust it in anyway and make it any better. Maybe put a weaker spring on it if it has one. I have to admit i dont know much about bikes at all. I just love to ride.
laugh.gif
Thanks for the quick responce, Doug

The R1 throttle mod reduces how far you must turn the throttle to reach WFO, but it does increase the effort needed to turn it. I've never seen this mentioned in any threads on it but it's something I noticed right away when I did the mod. It's not objectionable to me but I am using Throttlemeisters.

The R1 throttle mod reduces how far you must turn the throttle to reach WFO, but it does increase the effort needed to turn it. I've never seen this mentioned in any threads on it but it's something I noticed right away when I did the mod. It's not objectionable to me but I am using Throttlemeisters.
I'll have to try that one.

Back