Did something I've never done on my Busa before

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Removed the rear wheel :cheerleader: Been wanting to learn how to do this, and watched/helped the tech do my gixxer wheels at Barber.

Now, If I can just get it back on right after I get a new rear tire on tomorrow.....Got a feeling it's like flying, takeoffs are easy it's the LANDINGS that hurt!

There is nothing like the first time..:beerchug: as long you remember how to put it back together.:whistle::laugh:

Make sure and put blue tape on the chain side swingarm so you dont scratch it with your chain, just run it from where the chain guard goes, Down to the end so you can hang your chain over on it while you put wheel back on, And i always put blue tape on the wheel on the rear caliper side covering about a foot of the wheel, So when you put it back on you wont scratch it with the caliper, Cause it is easy to scuff it. :thumbsup:

Make sure and put blue tape on the chain side swingarm so you dont scratch it with your chain, just run it from where the chain guard goes, Down to the end so you can hang your chain over on it while you put wheel back on, And i always put blue tape on the wheel on the rear caliper side covering about a foot of the wheel, So when you put it back on you wont scratch it with the caliper, Cause it is easy to scuff it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip Macon, especially with those chrome wheels!

Don't forget the spacers.. And I use a flat blade screw driver to spread the pads so it will go over the rotor easier. You'll be a pro after doing it this time..:thumbsup:

highly recommend using masking tape or something similar on the wheel. Removed mine a while ago to replace the tires, was fairly easy and straight forward to remove and install it. Ended up scratching my rim up a bit when it hit the caliper a few times getting it back in. Wish i would have thought to wrap the inside of the wheel with masking tape, but as always i got in a hurry and didn't take the extra step

It's about time we all learn to keep up our own machines for basic maintenance! Great job Skydivr!

The first time I did mine, it took me 30 minutes to get the wheel back on. The caliper/pads can be a real pain in the ass. Take your time though and you will get it. :beerchug:

Good for you man...the hardest part for me is guiding the rear caliper into the dove tail slot on the rear swingarm while at the same time getting it over the rear rotor. Just take your time and make sure you get the spacers back in the right places. Grab brake early when taking it back out and make sure it all feels right prior to getting speed.

Good for you man...the hardest part for me is guiding the rear caliper into the dove tail slot on the rear swingarm while at the same time getting it over the rear rotor. Just take your time and make sure you get the spacers back in the right places. Grab brake early when taking it back out and make sure it all feels right prior to getting speed.

+1 Not a hard job, but the gen2 is a pain in the ass compared to the gen1. The rear caliper bracket can be awkward.

Jeez I hope I got it right, it matches the service manual pics so I sure hope I got it right!! Got a brand new 55 Q2 on for Barber in OCT!

Jeez I hope I got it right, it matches the service manual pics so I sure hope I got it right!! Got a brand new 55 Q2 on for Barber in OCT!

I doubt you can get it back together wrong, I wouldn't worry. Besides, you jump out of planes, I wouldn't sweat a tire:laugh:

get it aligned right to, i've heard complaints the swingarm hashmarks are way off, but mine aren't too far off at all :beerchug:

Are you trying to tell me you have chrome wheels now on that lovely busa?

You are becoming a bit to flashy! :whistle:

SteveO, the wheels on my Busa have ALWAYS been chrome bought it that way...Like I said, if you can't be fast you gotta look GOOD :laugh:

Back