Did some work on the trailer

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
I got a trailer a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to do anything with it until the weekend.  I put on two coats of primer,  a coat of paint and mounted the harbor freight chocks.  

I wanted something to help secure the chocks from underneath so I bought a sheet of 12"x24" 16ga steel, cut it in half and painted it with high heat paint.  I placed a bead of caulk just outside the bolt holes prior then another bead around the outtside edge to help protect the bare wood where I drilled the bolt holes.

Here are the installed chocks.

View attachment 1364277

The bikes sitting in the chocks.

IMG_0834.jpg

Tomorrow I will install the d-rings. I stoped at Lowes this evening and picked up a piece of 6"x18" 16ga steel the I will cut into sections to use as backing for the d-rings.

Nice ride!  
cool.gif

Here's Diana's bike
IMG_0744.jpg

We are bringing both to the bash.

Lots of trailer modding going on! Looking real good. Did the walls of mine and installed an alarm. Tomorrow get to install the chocks and paint the floor.

What kind of alarm did you use? I also need to buy locks for mine and for the tongue of the trailer to the ball.

Thanks James!

The bars on her bike were so wide I had no choice but to move hers all the way to the front.

I am looking for an old car alarm. I need one that uses the push pin switches with a remote...but nothing fancy at all!! If anyone has one I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know!!

By the way...those are nice pics. Trailers are fun to work on. Get to use your imagination and see what you can come up with!!
thumb_up.gif

Back