Did some one say, "get out and ride"

(Powers739 @ Feb. 03 2007,20:29) Metzler going on tomorrow, front and back.  They are mounted and ready to go...
DSC03799.jpg
Very good choice of tires. I've been running the same for about 3 years now.

Nice pics. Glad to see you riding even if there is a little snow laying areound.

I moved down to texas 30 years ago. So here lately we have been having a little snow and Ice. But I still hear from the "natives" This is your weather you know how to drive on ice! Well I tell them the truth. You don't drive on ice, you slide on it!
bowdown.gif

I love all the suzuki supersports. They're all awsome! My first sportbike may end up being a regular GSXR first. And later move up to a busa. But i hear the busa might be ok to move up to anyway.

But i'll just cross that bridge when i come to it!

Nice pics, and nice spares. (minor thread jack) Did you mount up the spares yourself, or out of curiosity how many here do that? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a spare set of wheels and a balancer since our shop is across the street from a tire store that can mount but not balance.

My neighbor has a tire change tool when I was down in FL. I have been temporary assign to the GA area so I don't have access to the tire change tool. They had the balance tool that goes with it. I wish I would have taken pictures of the process while I was changing them out. The tools were Metzeler, we anchored the stand into the concrete floor. It was pretty easy to use once you figured out advantage points of leverage.

Having another set of rims is very nice. I bought them off of ebay, I got lucky found them $100/ea. with $25 shipping, and they came with stock tires of which I got a few thousand miles out of them. The are in perfect conditioin and came with rotors and sprocket for the rear. How could I turn them down. I have not seen them on ebay for that price lately. I added the metal stems but I wish I would have done the angled stems.

(Powers739 @ Feb. 03 2007,15:29) Metzler going on tomorrow, front and back.  They are mounted and ready to go...
DSC03799.jpg
man I wouldn't wanna get the shine off them tires in this weather!! nice choice in tire...

Zuki is the man for riding in adverse weather... I'm just a FL boy wanting to get out and ride. Mabye I should get a dual sport to satisfy my needs...(if that's possible)...

40's that would be a heatwave. Didn't see too many bikes out here today. Either it's because they are getting ready to watch the Superbowl or because of this..........

MyPicture30.gif

AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

(Powers739 @ Feb. 03 2007,11:18) Well, it was a nice clear day out, temp in the mid 40's, until you get into the mountains.

Rode up to the N. GA mountain area, hwy 129, hwy 180, hwy 348, a couple of looks around Helen GA, Suches, etc...

The normal stop at Neels Gap
DSC03870.jpg

Neels Gap
DSC03876.jpg

Cold
DSC03877.jpg

DSC03878.jpg

Now, I have to go clean the bike up some.  I also need to change the tires out.  Maybe something a little better suited for colder weather.  Any recommendations???
Hey Powers....I once showed my wife and daughters "The Back Way" too Maggie Vally on those same roads...

icegirls.jpg

in her....

icevan.JPG

minivan!
laugh.gif

Poor wifey...born and raised in south florida...i hadta teach her how to drive the mountain hills and curves someday...well?...christmas/newyears '03 was the day!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Nice pics. I lived down there for awhile. Never got to that road, wish I had. I was out cruzin' the night life no doubt. My mother just moved back here from Alpharetta, GA.

(Powers739 @ Feb. 04 2007,13:14) Zuki is the man for riding in adverse weather... I'm just a FL boy wanting to get out and ride. Mabye I should get a dual sport to satisfy my needs...(if that's possible)...
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

Man this morning it was -19F, wind chill was like -40F. Monday the high temp should hit -5F
crazy.gif

Looks like the salt trucks have been out in force the last day, so I might have to take a break for a week or so, as the salt is just nasty on the bikes.

There is something to be said about riding in adverse conditions. I've posted about this before, but you really get to know your machine, your own personal limits, and many things you would never encounter on a nice sunny day of riding. I really believe riding in adverse conditions makes you a much better well rounded rider.

I believe just about any climate conditions can br safely ridden through, as long as you are very focused, have well maintained equipment, and take any ego out of your mindset.

beerchug.gif
To all that ride when the weather is less then ideal.

beerchug.gif

yeay, those M-1 did 7000mi for me...but I have to move on(try to use some different ones...) now I got shinko ravens 4000mi so far...

PICT0527__Small_.jpg

Back