Did she win a Toyota?

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Saw this posted on another site and thought it was funny as Hell!
ices_rofl.gif

toyyoda.jpg

This was just posted in a reply on the other site. Seems she got the last laugh.
wink.gif

http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/toy_yoda.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waitress Wins Toy Yoda Case.

A waitress sued a Hooters restaurant franchisee Gulf Coast Wings, Inc. because they gave her a toy Yoda doll as a contest prize instead of the Toyota car she was expecting. Jodee Berry won a contest to see who could sell the most beer at the Hooters in Panama City Beach.

She said the top-selling waitresses from each Hooters restaurant in the area were entered into a drawing to win a Toyota. Being the top seller, she believed she'd won a new car.

She was blindfolded and led to the parking lot, but when her blindfold was removed she found she was not the winner of a Toyota, but a toy Yoda doll from the "Star Wars" movies. Jodee didn't take the joke too well. After the stunt, Berry quit the restaurant and filed a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation.

The former Hooters waitress here settled her lawsuit and can now, according to her lawyer, "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants,"

The restaurant's manager said the whole contest was just an April Fools' joke.

I wonder who's laughing now.

Source: Mercury News, "Former waitress settles toy Yoda lawsuit against Hooters restaurant," May 9, 2002.

sweet i woulda made hooters get me this toyota
this is my dream car a TOP SECRET racing supra
this car has some serious sack under the hood!!!!!

supra.jpg

Good for her. Misrepresentation by a corporation to get the little guy to jump through hoops.

mad.gif

However, she looks a little bitchie tho..
laugh.gif

bet she trades the car in for some breastisis, then reapplies to hooters or stars in the next star wars sequel as Lacksumboobies the queen of flatchestonia

Back