Did It!

Allax1

Registered
40 mpg. on my last tank! Ive heard of others getting 40 but I never could. I guess it is possible. All the heavier traffic in my area lately helped out. Cant really get into the throttle in all the slower traffic. Dont worry, if theres a gap Im taking it, but still, theres just no wide open stretch lately. 610 north, to the ship channel and down 225 and back is getting thick. Its backed up alot too. 225 in the late afternoon is suckin. So, I guess driving slower helped me get the 40 mpg. Plus I think the bike is really starting to break in properly, comming up on the 8,000 mile mark.

P7310117.jpg

I'm consistently getting 48 mpg on mine, and on my last 1000 mile weekend trip I got over 50 on two tanks.. Strange how it works different for some people. I will admit I baby the right wrist on road trips, but still..

Bone stock with Yosh slipons, no tune, no pair mod.

Most of the higher MPG threads I've read involve a Gen2. Think the Gen2 gets better mileage? :dunno:

The stock speedometer is off around 7%, so if you don't have a Speedohealer(or equivalent), then the gas mileage is off too:poke::laugh:

Well the 15% ethanol most are forced to use doesn't help. On my Gen I I consistently got high 40's. Driving like grandma and keeping it at 4K in sixth when I could would produce 50. You must be running her fairly hard to get 40 and below :laugh:

It must be a black/white thing....

Black being the more practical, economical aka slower....

My 09' white, "Pearl" consistently gets 36-38 MPG. I'm using E90 non ethanol. Rapid transit.

The stock speedometer is off around 7%, so if you don't have a Speedohealer(or equivalent), then the gas mileage is off too:poke::laugh:
How does that affect MPG's???

It's pretty easy as long as you cruise around 70 - 75 MPH (80 - 85 indicated). I have no problem cruising that speed at night but during the day... good luck! :whistle:

Back