Dewalt or milwaukee

DeWalt at work Milwaukee at home. which is funny because I initially started with the Milwaukee at work and then upgraded to the DeWalt stuff and then Milwaukee stuff became my home stuff which I didn't realize how awesome it was going to be at home

How do you like those power ratchets? I've been looking to get one..but I don't know the difference between the fuel and non-fuel versions..
The fuel is brushless. More expensive. And a lot bigger, thats why I went with smaller ratchets. Couldn't decide on the 1/4 or 3/8. So I bought a combo for $144 with no batteries. Told my wife it was my birthday present. Not too much torque, perfect because I am a torque spec freak.

I've used Ryobi for years and they have never failed me...
Iam so with you on this. They make excellent products and they are a tad cheaper than the other mentioned brands. I have used 1 ryobi power drill fo rseveral big projects (literally 10 000s of screws) and that thing runs like new!

Iam so with you on this. They make excellent products and they are a tad cheaper than the other mentioned brands. I have used 1 ryobi power drill fo rseveral big projects (literally 10 000s of screws) and that thing runs like new!
I use my Ryobi driver all the time and like you, it has put a few decks together with many, many screws and never a problem, the battery last for a long time as well...

I use my Ryobi driver all the time and like you, it has put a few decks together with many, many screws and never a problem, the battery last for a long time as well...
Yeah, also- they expanded their line of products the last few years. You can get basically everything now and use the same batteries for it!

I use power tools professionally every day. If you can afford it, Festool is at a totally different level when it comes to quality and performance. Dewalt use to be OK, but since everything went to China they won’t even feature on my list. Bosch as an economy brand is good.

Now for the shocker. I got rid of all my battery operated tools. Remembering to charge a battery, running out of battery power and having to carry and charge backup batteries is a hassle I don’t need added to the multitude of complexities encountered every day. Where we have to work without power a generator and extension cord does the job and there is normally an air compressor involved anyway.

Screenshot_20190912-182649.png

Porter Cable 20v Brushless. I intentionally went a different path as I just needed some basic tools and knew big Red, Yellow or Green would inevitably suck me into additional purposes such as an electric ball scratcher or something else useless.
Came in at $198 Cdn + tax out the door for all - and this includes the extra batteries they sent me on promo at the time.
IMG_1666.JPG

Dewalt is for the guy that uses a tool a few times a year. Good for putting the kids Christmas presents together or maybe drilling a few holes in a wood project. They certainly won’t hold up in an industrial setting.
6FCE8B0D-4A4C-4E96-8E97-D03BF18EA0D5.jpeg

Since posting at the beginning of this thread we bought three of these to see if the 20v version was any tougher than the 18v version that we already had. The 18v version had been replaced several times already.
4FDD820B-C802-4723-A346-795B26EB40E5.jpeg

FF968E11-E6FC-4B3B-9D01-E9ED9A5FCB9B.jpeg

They are used a few times a shift to remove the damaged ends of our parent rolls. It’s nothing more than wound cardboard. Basically a thicker version of the cardboard found in the center of a toilet paper roll. These saws lasted a month and they too have failed. The battery life was awesome but the tool didn’t last.

Dewalt is for the guy that uses a tool a few times a year. Good for putting the kids Christmas presents together or maybe drilling a few holes in a wood project. They certainly won’t hold up in an industrial setting.
View attachment 1605738

Since posting at the beginning of this thread we bought three of these to see if the 20v version was any tougher than the 18v version that we already had. The 18v version had been replaced several times already.
View attachment 1605739

View attachment 1605740

They are used a few times a shift to remove the damaged ends of our parent rolls. It’s nothing more than wound cardboard. Basically a thicker version of the cardboard found in the center of a toilet paper roll. These saws lasted a month and they too have failed. The battery life was awesome but the tool didn’t last.
I was sold on dewalt cordless hammer drills years ago when working fir a sign company. Dropped it while about 40 feet up hanging in the crane basket and when I went down and picked up just popped the battery back in and kept going. One thing I didn't like was the batteries seemed to not last long but that old tech as I've not needed anything like that in years. Now all my cordless tools say snap on.

Back