detroit to daytona in a day?

OK guys I am leaving here within the hour I will let you guys know how it goes..
I am going to document it and all that for the IBA I mise well get the certificate since im doing it anyway:thumbsup:

Good luck man:thumbsup: Better you than me:laugh:

OK guys I am leaving here within the hour I will let you guys know how it goes..
I am going to document it and all that for the IBA I mise well get the certificate since im doing it anyway:thumbsup:

Best of luck! Just listen to your body. If you need to take a break, be it 5 minutes of 8 hours, do it. No sense gettin' there on time at the risk of everything. That said, I hope you make your goal!

Be safe and enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

Good luck on your ride. If you happen to roll through MD and need something. Send a PM this way.

Well I am back to MI safely I got back sunday around 2 pm just in time for easter dinner with the family.
The ride down was great perfect weather, blues skies ,and it just kept getting warmer as the sun set. Aside from realizing a hr in that I forgot my gps and cell phone charger on the kitchen table...
It took me about 18hrs, I made the mistake of listening to the gps and it took me some crazy route thru GA on some backroads, where the gps died then I proceeded to get a ticket while trying to find my way to 95 at 4 in the morning for 68 in a 55 middle of NO where the speed kept going from 35 to 55 then 65 and so on :banghead: oh well I expected it at some point.

I made the mistake of coming back without enough rest so it was pretty rough at times.
I left around 5:30pm to come back, with my new gps charger intact I headed North on 95 which took me through the mountians around 1 or 2 in the morning dont get me wrong all the curves were fun but very cold.
I was reaching kentucky around 5 or so in the morning.
Not long after the rain started and it rained and then rained some more then I got hit with hail! lol fun fun I also found out my boots hold water pretty well and quite a bit.
It finally stopped when I got to toledo and at that point I was thinking the mountians at 2 in the morning really wasnt that cold.
I also found out in GA that you should watch where you sit in the dark, because I sat down on the curb to change into my riding pants a minute later I felt a curious stinging on my back and then again on my hand where I realized there are fire ants in georgia! if somebody would have been watching they would have had a good laugh because I had them every where
I had to rip my shirt off and they were down my pants. I think I made up some new dance moves..:laugh:
Thank you everyone one for the advice and comments
I didnt take many pics but I will post the couple I did
#1 pic is me just before I left work thursday
#2 pic is eating lunch with my sister in daytona after ariving friday
#3 pic is some where in georgia going over a bridge
#4 is the fiesty boogers that got me on the a$$

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

Glad that you made it ok, I just came back from a 1800 miles ride, why I didnt see that link before:banghead:

Glad ya made it safe and had a sense of humor about the annoyances. Sounds like a good trip! :)

Awesome.. glad ya made it back safe. As for the fire ants.. it happened to me once.. I was standing on the side of the road and then felt the bites.. noticed I was standing right on the mound :thumbsup: I had to strip my pants off and everything to get them off of me.. I looked like a total clown!

:lol: Im glad Im not the only one that has done the fire ant dance.
as for the IBA I dont think I will have a problem, I have all the reciepts and such.
the only prob I had was the last one had the wrong time on it, so the manager signed it with the correct time and left his phone number

Back