Detailing guru(s)

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I got the fastest color...black (and grey) and along with being the fastest color it also shows scratches more than any other. While I've decided not to get bent out of shape over every scratch (I'll go crazy) and just enjoy the bike...if I could make some less noticeable, that's a worthwhile goal.

Actually I got a pretty decent scratch on my hump (my hump, that one does piss me off a bit). Can't figure out where that one came from...runs front to back, hmmm...

Anyway...been using zymol and while I think it's a very good wax, (despite what it says about scratches on the label) hasn't made the tiniest difference (that I can tell) when it comes to scratches.

Been thinking about trying the meguires scratch x...

1-does it work any better than zymol?
2-is it safe, I don't want a big dull spot with no scratch (I'd rather keep the scratch)
3-Is there anything else that would work better.

I tried the x stuff, didn't work for me. Seems like a few layers of Zaino Z-5 (I think) works pretty well.

also been thinking about the color turtle wax and give that a try.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145805682 -->

try some of this( far right).

Also, if you have an auto painter supply store look for 3M glaze. It's liquid in a bottle, cream colored. Can't locate any here.

hogger...

118_1834.JPG

I have the same color and i know what your sayin about scratches... i use straight up Honda Cleaner and Micro Fiber cloths... works good for me... bike is all slick afterward too, makes the bugs come off easier!
cool.gif

I use the Mcguires cleaner wax for slight scratches, and the Mcguires gold for some stuff, like the screen and sheilds

I too have the exact same color and also happen to have a nice scratch/gouge on the back of my hump. I know how mine got scratched. I had a loaded down back pack and I think the weight of it put the scratches in mine. Oh well, I can live with a few scratches so long as it doesnt involve laying the bike down at high speed.

I'm like you. I can't get nutz over the little $hit. I love to ride and ride I do.

I rather take it to the body shop...don't know what they use...(saw the bottle quick, says 3M something...BTW, it buff the heck out of the scratch...body shop people...they know what to do with it...
rock.gif

Meguires Medium Cut polish, and a few minutes of work = No more scratch! If it's good enough for my dark red Corvette, it should be good enough for a black Busa.
biggrin.gif

Back