Destruction of PUIG by itself

kot

Registered
couple of days ago i took off cover from my Busa and WTF!!!! :madfire:

on the same day here my mail to PUIG main office in Spain:

Hello!
I bought double bubble (racing) Puig screen from one of your European dealer on-line on September of 2008.
Then after 1 month I parked my Hayabusa (2008 model) for winter storage in garage (temperature +12C all the time).
In april 2009 I took out my Hayabusa and started to ride.
After 4 days of riding I found cracks which is becoming Bigger and bigger and bit later I found 2 more little cracks (10mm long) in the middle of the screen.
Mind you, there was NO any kind of impact to the screen.
Do you have Warranty for that occasion?

here pics

Resize of IMG_0358.jpg

Resize of IMG_0361.jpg

Resize of IMG_0362.jpg

Resize of IMG_0370.jpg

Resize of IMG_0371.jpg

Resize of IMG_0372.jpg

on the next day (today) i got reply:

Dear Mr. Kotovs,
I have passed the pictures over to our technical department and the commentary of them is, that your screen has been cleaned with a chemical product. Due to the fact that our screens are made of plastic and not glass, these kinds of cracks are the result of using these products.
We always advise to use only warm water to clean our screens.
We are sorry, but this is not a case of warranty.
Best regards,
MOTOPLASTIC, S.A.

so, i REALLY pissed becouse of this situation.
to clean PUIG screen i used same products as i used for ZeroGravity and there was NO problem for ZeroGravity for more than whole year!!!
WTF!!!!??????

Lame on the part of MOTOPLASTIC, their customer retention practice is non-existent.
I'll never buy their product now. The cost of a piece of plastic is nothing compared to customer loyalty.

Well that sucks, those tech guys are pretty good to spot those chemicals on the screen. I zoomed in an couldn,t see them. Sounds like you need to switch brands.

what products did you use to clean? I always use soap/water or honda polish.. I also wax the thing when ever I do the bike.. (nxtGen)

I doubt I will buy a PUIG after reading how easily they dismissed any warranty on the thing... $80 windscreen they can replace for a few bucks and they blow you off? L8R G8R

Last edited:
Honda polish mine, wax it, or car wash it (soap and water!) That sucks!!!! Sorry to hear about the bad luck!

No plastic expert, but you would have to be using some extremely corrosive cleaning agents to have that kind of damage. Even if it is your fault, they would have everything to gain and nothing to lose by sending you a replacement. Just my .02

to clean dust and remove bugs i use AJAX (Household Care Product made by Colgate-Palmolive Company).

Resize of IMG_0386.jpg

Resize of IMG_0383.jpg

sure i used water+soap...
and 1 time did wax (NANOWAX by Eagle One).
thats all.

Last edited:
can please you guys write here which exact products you use to clean your PUIG and how long (years ....or hours like in my case)?
i will show this thread to PUIG people, will see their reaction.

pressure wash, Mequires scratch remover 2.0, and Mequires gold wax for 4 years on a Zero gravity DB..

can please you guys write here which exact products you use to clean your PUIG and how long (years ....or hours like in my case)?
i will show this thread to PUIG people, will see their reaction.

That's what I would do to!

I use soap and water, then i go over it with Honda Polish. Honda Polish gets alot of things off your bike, the stuff is awesome. Sorry to hear that they dropped the ball for yeah. Got to love good customer service or should i say lack there of.

Back