desperately need hlep with some winter gear

mynewride

Registered
i am looking for a good...best setup for a winter riding. im getting a new x-11 helmet. i would like a heated vest, gloves and pants combo. i know nothing of brands and what is good and works well. i want t ride to work. the ride is about 30 min at 70 mph. the temps are in the teens in morning and 20's in the afternoon right now. i live in ks and never know what the weather is going to be from day to day.

thanks for any advice!

well i made my decision. i bought some gerbing heated gear. i bought the jacket liner and t5 gloves with the dual zone climate control. all in all the prices were in line with other manufacturers. you have to pay attention as some of the "deals" on the gerbing equipment are on the older convetional heat. the new stuff utilizes the microwire heat.

the best part of gerbing is the lifetime warranty on the heating equipment. i will give a review of the new gear as soon as i get it and have a chance to ride with it. i intend to drive 30 min everyday this winter unless there is snow or ice on the ground. i cant wait to get my WARM gear.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

well i made my decision. i bought some gerbing heated gear. i bought the jacket liner and t5 gloves with the dual zone climate control. all in all the prices were in line with other manufacturers. you have to pay attention as some of the "deals" on the gerbing equipment are on the older convetional heat. the new stuff utilizes the microwire heat.

the best part of gerbing is the lifetime warranty on the heating equipment. i will give a review of the new gear as soon as i get it and have a chance to ride with it. i intend to drive 30 min everyday this winter unless there is snow or ice on the ground. i cant wait to get my WARM gear.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Looking forward to your review.....

Gerbing is what I have. Jacket, out and inner pants, socks and gloves. I think I'll purchase the new lighter grain gloves that look like standard riding gloves at the Cleveland Motorcycle Show.

Gerbing has waterproof outer pants as well. Good choice you won't be sorry in the long run.

Last edited:
no idea of how much power all that stuff takes but I do know the Busa only pumps 400W total (gen 1)... also not sure how much is needed to keep bike running but with headlight, fuel pump and ECU's I would think maybe 100W of it?

Sure somebody has definitive answer?

GixerHP had a 500W stator deal going, might want to look into that if it is close on wattage ..

no idea of how much power all that stuff takes but I do know the Busa only pumps 400W total (gen 1)... also not sure how much is needed to keep bike running but with headlight, fuel pump and ECU's I would think maybe 100W of it?

Sure somebody has definitive answer?

GixerHP had a 500W stator deal going, might want to look into that if it is close on wattage ..

Not for GERBING but should be close. I cut-and-pasted below from here: Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest - webBikeWorld

amps-current-draw.jpg

Back