Des Moines Ia. mini meet n greet

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
OMSLAW, myself and others are riding up to Des Moines Iowa this Sunday to meet up with GSXTacy and some others. Last time we met up at hooters, went for a group ride, back to hooters for some Chiefs football before heading home. Had a great time. Who would be interested in going? How about it WWJD, fstbusa, HOOKEN203, the Omaha gang and you Kansas City area riders. Chime in and let us know if you would like to go with us. The weather is going to be great and I'm sure it will be a great time.

i've been watching this develop over the past week...really wish i could be there but i have a previous commitment...maybe next time
smile.gif
...hope you have a great and safe time...pics expected
biggrin.gif

(semicps @ Oct. 06 2006,09:02) i've been watching this develop over the past week...really wish i could be there but i have a previous commitment...maybe next time
smile.gif
...hope you have a great and safe time...pics expected
biggrin.gif
Darn, wish you could make it. We will get together before the weather turns.

That sounds like a blast. Like semi, we already have plans too. I'm sure you guys will have enough fun for the rest of us.

What time and where are you guys planning on meeting? My son has a football game that afternoon, but I might be available earlier in the day.....

Me, Kevin (Big Sexy), and Doyle (Pops Roos) are in. Trying to get Geoff to go also.

I'm packed up this weekend already! but I'll wave at you if I see you guys!!

too short of notice for me. I coulda planned for it a week or 2 ago but not like 4 days before. I wanted to do this on the 1st but noone could do it then.
rant.gif

(pward76 @ Oct. 06 2006,10:13) What time and where are you guys planning on meeting?  My son has a football game that afternoon, but I might be available earlier in the day.....
Since the KC gang won't have to deal with rain this time, I would like to be at the same Hooters as last time in the 10:30 - 11:00 am range. That should give us time to take a ride , and meet back up at Hooters for a while. That should give you time to get back home to your game. Hope you make it.

(GSXcite @ Oct. 06 2006,14:10)
(pward76 @ Oct. 06 2006,10:13) What time and where are you guys planning on meeting? My son has a football game that afternoon, but I might be available earlier in the day.....
Since the KC gang won't have to deal with rain this time, I would like to be at the same Hooters as last time in the 10:30 - 11:00 am range. That should give us time to take a ride , and meet back up at Hooters for a while. That should give you time to get back home to your game. Hope you make it.
Great! NOW it's gonna rain!
crazy.gif

Nah, should be NICE weather for a ride!

OK, here is a list of riders as of now. I know this is short notice for the meeting, but come if you can. Sometimes the best outings are the ones that happen with short notice. Come spend some time with your busa brothers you will have a good time.

GSXTacy (Chris)   Quad Cities

POPS ROOS (Doyle) Quad Cities

Big Sexey (Kevin) Quad Cities

Geoff White Quad Cities

Omslaw (Omar) Kansas City

Omslaws friend (Jeff) Kansas City

Kawiboy (Cody) Omaha + friends

GSXcite (Hal) Kansas City

pward76 (Pat) - possiable

jjmetheny (Jeff)- Des Moines

spkerhed (Ron)-Iowa

Where are you going to ride? I'm in Des Moines but I'll have to check to see if I'm doing anything on Sunday.

I'd be there, but I don't have enough rubber left after the Meet and Greet and the Busa Bash to get there and back. New tires are ordered, but won't be here in time for this.
sad.gif

(jjmetheny @ Oct. 06 2006,16:39) Where are you going to ride? I'm in Des Moines but I'll have to check to see if I'm doing anything on Sunday.
OK. I watched the turbo video. You now must come on Sunday so I can see the 2nd turbo busa in Des Moines. I'm assuming you've seen the red one?

I might be able to make it but have to see if a buddy of mine can get away cause I dont want to ride alone its about 4 hours one way from here

(pward76 @ Oct. 06 2006,20:23)
(jjmetheny @ Oct. 06 2006,16:39) Where are you going to ride? I'm in Des Moines but I'll have to check to see if I'm doing anything on Sunday.
OK. I watched the turbo video.  You  now must come on Sunday so I can see the 2nd turbo busa in Des Moines.  I'm assuming you've seen the red one?
Yep, saw the red one, rode the red one had to have one
biggrin.gif
I think I rode with you and Eric once last year, maybe? didn't have the turbo at that time.

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 07 2006,06:02) How far is Lincoln, Neb from Des Moines?
Start address: Lincoln, NE

End address: Des Moines, IA

Distance: 189 mi (about 3 hours 20 mins)

Get reverse directions
Directions
1. Head west from B St - go 0.3 mi 0.3 mi
1 min

2. Turn right at S 33rd St - go 0.9 mi 0.9 mi
2 mins

3. Continue on N 33rd St - go 2.0 mi 2.0 mi
3 mins

4. Turn right at Cornhusker Hwy - go 2.0 mi 2.0 mi
3 mins

5. Turn left at N 56th St - go 2.6 mi 2.6 mi
3 mins