Depressing news about stock 04 dyno

ralnsplder

Registered
I have been looking allover the internet for a dyno of a stock 04 busa, I have not found one, so I decided today to go just have one done. The results were depressing. 152.4 bhp. Now I licve in Hawaii and was told that normally most of the dynos over here are about 8-12 hp off because of weather and such. The booth they ran the dyno in was about 96 degrees F and about 93 % humidity. It is just sad to think that a zx10r has stock 161.8. They didn't hook up the tact so I do not know what the torque was. If anyone has a dyno from the mainland with different results please post them so we can compair. My bike is an 04 with TRE mod, that is only mod done for engine.

04_Busa_Dyno_Stock.jpg

152 is pretty normal TRE or no, and given the heat and humidity? Sounds pretty good... Don't sweat ZX10 claims. It's not all about 7-8 HP, it's all about the rider...

10 years ago who would have ever thought 150+ hp out of a stock bike would be dissapointing.

Their are many variables involved with dynomometers my good son... If you were to make all the conditions right as they did when you read about the 10r, trust me the ole Bus' woulda' made more.

Now that you have a baseline read out be sure to go back to the same dyno after any mods. Also, try to go on a day that the conditions are simalar.

Yes, I know. I wil be useing same dyno and the weather here is always about the same anyway. Suzuki still needs to do soemthing with thesem liter bikes catching up on the King. I did feel pretty good though cause on the way home A ZZR 1200 tried to take me. I seen him coming off of the off ramp so i downshifted to 4th ( still doing about 65) let him get up to me and he took off. I rolled throttle back slowly and caught up to him while he was still getting on it pretty good, we hit about 100 beside eachother then I dropped down to 3rd and left him like he was standing still. I got to about 11000 rpms shifted back to 4th and was hitting 150 in no time. Slowed after that, he never did catch back up. Too many unmarked cops cars around here. Most police use their own vehicles for their patrol cars.

Don't sweat it man. If they were even close to the king the 05' would be revamped. It'll be a while until the Busa is beat as a all around scoot.

Well I'll be getting exhaust, PC and probalby cam, so I'm not to worried about it, I can also still beat my buddy on his 10r , but still not the point. I just figured the busa had more then that, I mean Suzuki claimes 164, Where do they get that from?

Don't worry about it dude. Those mods you listed are definitely a step in the right direction. Don't forget to do the airbox mod also...
cool.gif

Dyno numbers are really almost useless...between the type of dyno...the person running it...the altitude...the weather conditions on THAT day, the........well you get the point. The factories make damn sure that any dyno numbers they give out are maximized in every possible way. And they give the magazines "special" stock bikes that are the most perfect internally that they can make....just to impress folks like they've done to you. The best way to tell a bikes power is by how fast it is and how FUN it is. The Busa is the fastest and I think the most fun. So forget the dyno's...they're only good for tuning...just keep shutting down those 10's & ZZR's ect
tounge.gif
super.gif

Well I'll be getting exhaust, PC and probalby cam, so I'm not to worried about it, I can also still beat my buddy on his 10r , but still not the point. I just figured the busa had more then that, I mean Suzuki claimes 164, Where do they get that from?
Suzuzki claims
174 @ the crank NOT the rear wheel.
Quit reading magazines and live in the real world.
as for real dyno numbers I have posted it before
BONE STOCK 03-04 is 147-161 Rear wheel HP

I had my 04' Busa dynoed at Dynojet.
The only mod I had was a yoshimura RS3 full race exhaust. The bike dynoedat 148.55 hp with 90.85 ft lbs. of torque with PC iiiusb th ebike had 153.35 hp and 93.36 torgue.

Suzuzki claims
174 @ the crank NOT the rear wheel.
Quit reading magazines and live in the real world.
as for real dyno numbers I have posted it before
BONE STOCK 03-04 is 147-161 Rear wheel HP
It was the dealership that told me 164 bhp. I never believe what magazines say, or dynos from the dealers. SO basically 152 is not bad at all then. Hopefully when i get the exhaust, pc, and airbox mods, this will go up. Might even put a cam in it. I will try to look for the dyno you posted again. Thanks for the info though, I should have just asked you straight up.

With pair and airbox mod, MPS fuel control and Yosh TRS header, mine made 167hp and 102 ft lbs on a very hot day. The shop (Widman Suzuki - St Louis) said that was some pretty good dyno numbers for that bike. I think being able to adjust the fuel is the key.

Don't get all hung up on chasing a number. What the hell difference does it make if you pick up a few hp with your mods anyway? You're still riding the world's fastest mass produced motorcycle as it is.

Next time you put it on the dyno take someone on a ZX/10 with you and see how his real numbers compare.

smile.gif

Bottom line is pulling up next to any bike out there or catching one on the road for a roll on. Me, I am never the aggressor. Just the first one to reach wherever it is we are going. At that time those are the bragging rites. Not what a machine or paperwork says.
race.gif

I can't get anyone with a literbike to step up> i have a friend with a new 10r and he keeps saying his will beat mine, but he has yet to prove it after numerous times of me asking when are we going to run.

I just had mine tuned and dyno'd this weekend at a bike rally we have here in NW Arkansas.  I got 138.7 RWHP.  I don't remember the TQ.

Back