Denver

Big K

Registered
Anybody here live in denver. I just got an offer from my job at schlumberger to move to denver and work there. I have never been to denver and just wanted to know what it was like there. I live in okc right now.

Well good to know you live in OKC now! :poke: Welcome to the oRg since I have somehow missed you. We do have members in Denver, just cant remember all the names. :beerchug:

Your at 5,280ft and most of your riding will be upwards of that. You will want to consider getting a DynoJet PC set for new altitude change. Absolutely great State to ride in! I have yet to find a more scenic & beautiful place. Wile the winters run longer & bring snow and LOTS of it. Few states have a higher percentage of sunshine year round.
I went to CU Boulder and lived in Vail for 4 years. On the East Coast now, but I know one day I will return to some part of Colorado. And that will most likely be a suburb of Denver.
Your currently in OKC ??? ....I say GO FOR IT!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver,_Colorado

Last edited:
I've been there several times and felt like it would be a nice place to call home. Love the tent city airport :laugh:

I live here currently Denver average 300+ sunny days a year. And when it snows its usually gone in a day or two. I actually was riding more in Feburary there was almost a week of 70's than I did in April. As for riding you can do canyons to straights to legal drags at Bandimere.

I lived in Denver (Brighton/Boulder/Westminster) for 5 years before moving to CA. I loved it so much I bought a condo there for when I decide to get out of Kalifornia.

The canyon riding above Boulder is awesome.

If you're single I hope you like blondes. 98% of CO women are blonde. I don't know why. Just seems that way to me.

The housing market is prime to buy right now. Values were never too inflated but they have come down and are affordable. Schools are generally very good and the highways are well maintained. The airport is a major haul from anywhere.

The snow is one of the best parts. It comes, you play, it melts. Roads are always cleared the same day.

My advice to new residents: don't drive in the first snowstorm or the last snowstorm.
By the time the last snowstorm comes around, all the people who wrecked in the first one are just getting their cars back

Good luck on your decision

Anybody here live in denver. I just got an offer from my job at schlumberger to move to denver and work there. I have never been to denver and just wanted to know what it was like there. I live in okc right now.
I'm from the east coast and have lived in Denver for 2 years and it is the absolutly best when it comes to riding, many canyons to chose from and plenty of
wide open roads. I rode all winter, because were so close to the sun as long as it's sunny its nice ridding weather,

Denver actually has more sunny days out of any place in the US. The only thing that's weird is in the Denver area it doesn't snow much in Nov, Dec, Jan
and Feb but it does in April and March however it's usually gone the same day or as soon as the sun comes out the next day.

it's a little slow for me but I grew up in DC so it's not a real comparison for nightlife but there is plenty to do especially if you like being outside.
Oh coming from sea level the power loss will annoy the hell out of you.

Last edited:
Back