Denso sparkplugs

What kind of difference? If your plugs really needed to be changed, you might have noticed a difference with any old plugs from Bob's Auto Parts and Bait Shop. :D

The best way to know if there's a difference is to put one set of new plugs in for a hundred miles and then the next set for a hundred miles. Maybe even use a dyno for each set.

Just sayin'!

--Wag--

I just changed mine last week. The oem densos came out and the NGK equal went in.
Feels like a new bike and idle has not been smoother.

That being said bike has 4000 plus miles on old ones and I had a prob with some H20 in the gas so they may have been slightly fouled a bit....

Maybe just that you put new plugs in there and the bike feels a bit better but your mind feels great.....:laugh:

Last edited:
Denso and NGK are excellent plugs. Both manufacturers are highly innovative, and offer great products. I was a die hard Bosch fan for a very long time. I now prefer Denso or NGK plugs based on my own experiences.

Before anyone gets excited about one brand over another, remember that if you replace an old plug with a new one, yes, you're going to notice a distinct difference, even if you don't change brands. This is even more true if you go too long between change intervals but nobody on here would ever do that, right?! :D

Seriously, though, you see this kind of fervor all the time with various products. Most notably with tires. I see guys take off their old tires all the time and then rave about the new one, different brand, yada yada.

That's why in my prior post I said that the only way you could know would be to switch brands after a hundred miles and see if you notice any difference. Frankly, the only advantage I could ever imagine between brands would be time between changes but I suspect the variance or cost savings would be minimal at best.

Just an observation!

--Wag--

We tested this when I was in school, swap from old plugs to new plugs (back to back dyno pulls) +3 hp across the board. Swap from new plugs to quadruple platinum iridium unobtanium magic plugs, no difference at all. Now talking tires....I've seen a diff going from crappy contental touring tires (came on my old used bike courtesy of cheap ass dealership) to pilot powers...:stirpot:

I still like Denso and NGK, based on my experience. I've been at it a long time professionally. :laugh:

So there! :laugh: :beerchug:

Back