DEI 528T Delay Switch

Bruce Bell

Registered
Has anybody come across a bad one of these? I've wired the way thebbbusa explained it, and nothing. I've plugged the DDM hid set up without the delay and it worked fine. Hooked up the delay switch to my old head light bulb to a 12v battery on my work bench, nothing. Got my switch from Sonic Electronix, Valencia, CA. Spoke to some one there and he said he'd never heard of a bad one, but why would he say he did. So has anybody had a bad one?

Oh man don't tell me that... I ordered one about 10 minutes ago on ebay. I read through the diy page and there seems to be a lot of folks having problems making this work. Sorry, I'm really no help on this one.

Anything is possible. But have you checked to make sure your battery is fully charged? Try this unplug either negative or positive terminal from the delay to the light and try it. If the relay works unplugged you probably have a low battery. With everything plugged in, if the voltage is low it cannot pull the relay and the lights will come on every time. If you don't understand what I'm saying. Email me and I will walk you thru it. Busaryder03@yahoo.com
Posted via Mobile Device

I wired mine up last weekend per BBB's instructions; no problem, works fine. I imagine you might have a bad device. Send it back for another!

have one wired up for my HID low beam, works like a charm have it set for around 13~15 sec. delay for start up :beerchug:

have one wired up for my HID low beam, works like a charm have it set for around 13~15 sec. delay for start up :beerchug:

I have mine set up the same way. I also hooked it up per BBB's instructions. No problems! I've actually thought my headlight was out a few times but then.... "flick". HEEHAWWW (the noise a donkey makes). Gosh, a donkey would know to wait for the headlight to fire before thinking it doesn't work.

The relay is a cheap piece of the pie and I would assume would have a certain percentage that are poopy from the outset. If it works, generally, it'll work until you don't need it anymore. I've had them in every car audio installation since 1992 to delay the amplifiers turning on, and they've never failed me. I've also never had a defective one either! Hope it WAS defective and not user installation error.

Back