Degreeing Cams - Need Help

_WOLFMAN_

Canuck Ground Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
A good friend and riding buddy just finished puting together a 1397 Kit with JE Pistons, 2 OEM Intake cams w/ Adjustable intake gears, titanium retainers, heavy valve springs and full Muzzy exhaust. Proplem is we need info on where to degree the cams, we know how to set it but not sure at what setting. 4000 ft elevation and he only got 169hp on the dyno.

Contact a cam manufacturer to get the information on the cam's specs. Do you have a dial indicator and a degree wheel?

Last edited:
Yes we have all the tools needed, he is running a dual intake factory cams with APE adjustable cam sprockets.

i dont really remember. do a search on here. i think it is somewhere around like 105 or 107? dont hold me to it, its been years

169 hp at 4000 ft? if uncorrected for altitude, that aint all that bad.. you can add around 12% to that number (approx 3% loss of power per 1000' of density altitude)

i dont really remember. do a search on here. i think it is somewhere around like 105 or 107? dont hold me to it, its been years
This will give you great midrange!
And as far as the dyno numbers, is the bike fully tuned? or just started to be tuned!
Also what was the humidity, that day

Not exactly sure of the humidity or temp I was not there just talking to my buddy after Test and Tune the Friday after they tuned it Thusday night and spent 8 hours working on it. Part that bothers me the most is he said power commander was showing 100% duty cycle on the injectors and I though read somewhere else stock fuel system was able to support 225HP or so, so the numbers he said for power wise just do not jive.

Not exactly sure of the humidity or temp I was not there just talking to my buddy after Test and Tune the Friday after they tuned it Thusday night and spent 8 hours working on it. Part that bothers me the most is he said power commander was showing 100% duty cycle on the injectors and I though read somewhere else stock fuel system was able to support 225HP or so, so the numbers he said for power wise just do not jive.
Some thing isn't wright there! Or bad info, i would like the see his dyno graph!

On my set up, we where really rich down low, and had to pull a lot of fuel in the lower tables, as well as Dngrumpy's bike was similar.
If the tuner didn't do a good job on the lower table's, gettint the end result is difficult!

No all he purchased was a second factory intake cam and installed the APE adjustable cam sprockets.

Back