Definition of squid

Zoinks!

Registered
Found these pics online a little while ago. . . (not for the weak stomach)

l_2c1c12614ed03a525a7c35a098bbf673.jpg

l_97c6295cfe7eb0b44034ada9ae39b73b.jpg

l_45579422063b6018a9cc326c214493fd.jpg

At least their wearing helmets. . . Too bad they weren't wearin the rest. I don't know which one it is in the last pic, but I would imagine it's the one in the first pic being as he doesn't have all his plastics.

Oh, I forgot to mention. The skitchin pic said it was at 110 and the rash one said "what happens when you slide on pavement at 120". Actually, that's what happens when a squid slides on the pavement at 120. A well protected / geared rider would have gone home with some bruises at most.

Oh, I forgot to mention. The skitchin pic said it was at 110 and the rash one said "what happens when you slide on pavement at 120". Actually, that's what happens when a squid slides on the pavement at 120. A well protected / geared rider would have gone home with some bruises at most.

With a tee shirt you can get burnt up like that at 50 or 60 mph. 120 mph with no gear can do unbelievable damage. Literally grind through the flesh and into the bone.
I wouldn't want to go on the asphalt at 120 in a 1 piece leather suit let alone a tee shirt.:shocked:

Anyone else think we should repeal all traffic laws for 6 months and let Darwin take care of them for us?

Here's a pic I used during a powerpoint presentation on motorcycle gear for a speech class. Do a google search for Brittany Morrow and read her story.

Brittany Morrow roadrash.jpg

good thing the kid doing the wheelie has a chain on his wallet.. that could be a disaster if he lost it..:rofl:

kid cares more about his wallet than his life..

idiots like that are killing my insurance premiums!!:poke:

I've never run across a stunter who had insurance on his bike so I don't think this activity has much if any effect on your insurance premiums. It's your state politicians who control your insurance rates and your insurance lobbiest pretty much control your politicians with cash.

So, if you are uneducated on your state politics and don't vote, Don't complain!

I am 50 years old and have been street riding since 18, plus a few years on dirtbikes before that. With 35 years experience, I have crashed a few times

* over the hood of a car once when cut off by a left turning cager
* deep into a cornfield when I didn't make a turn (dirtbike experience helped a lot that time!)
* a low speed slide on wet leaves

All in all, I've been one lucky b@stard. Always worn a full-face helmet, but in summer the most "gear" I had on was a T-shirt and jeans (never have ridden in shorts!).

It's a good time to buy some summer gear. Lots of it on clearance! Yesterday I ordered a pair of Kevlar "Sliders" jeans and a ventilated jacket with armor for summer riding. This stuff didn't even exist when I was a kid. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

I don't really believe that first pic was a 120 mph crash. A lot of guys like to say they crashed at 120 but often it really means "I was going 120, got the bike slowed down to 55, and then came off the bike."

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

agreed. another member here went down on his " short ride" 15 minute run to the store an he was an still recovering 5 months later and didn't actually come off the bike till about 90 an rolled on the asphalt for a short time an the rest of death roll was in the grass.

Back