Defective Search Engine?

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Why do I get this on most of my searches on this site?

Ooops an error has occurred
IkonForums has exited with the following error:

Can't query the data from '' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '30696,16570,6148,60573,57711,31679,56133,60787,60586,53984,61287,60966,60272,608'

This error was reported at: line 1 Query: SELECT t1.*, t2.FORUM_NAME, t3.VIEWED FROM (if_forum_topics t1 JOIN if_forum_info t2 ON t1.FORUM_ID = t2.FORUM_ID) LEFT JOIN if_topic_views t3 ON t1.TOPIC_ID = t3.TOPIC_ID AND t3.MEMBER_ID = '80-1039199206' WHERE t1.TOPIC_ID IN(36102,,30696,16570,6148,60573,57711,31679,56133,60787,60586,53984,61287,60966,60272,608

12,61106,59255,30984,61082,60841,60764,60732)

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

P?  
rock.gif

Can you give us a few examples of what you searched for and got errors?

I haven't seen that type of error since the search was brought back online.

Sure...

* For example I search for "POSTAL" in the Keywords.

* Then for "Type of search" I select "Posts and or Topic titles"

* Then for "Forums" I select "All Open Forums"

* Then for "Search in" I select "Topic titles and posts"

The results should give me all posts that I have been active in, but instead I get that error message evey time.

And when I refine my search a little more I get posts from back in 2003 that are at the top of the search list. The results should be from newest to oldest like before. By the way, I really miss the date-range search option too!

Help!

Thanks.

Tom.

banghead.gif

Sure...

* For example I search for "POSTAL" in the Keywords.

* Then for "Type of search" I select "Posts and or Topic titles"

* Then for "Forums" I select "All Open Forums"

* Then for "Search in" I select "Topic titles and posts"

The results should give me all posts that I have been active in, but instead I get that error message evey time.

And when I refine my search a little more I get posts from back in 2003 that are at the top of the search list.  The results should be from newest to oldest like before.  By the way, I really miss the date-range search option too!

Help!

Thanks.

Tom.

banghead.gif
Thanks

I can duplicate it as well. It is limited to your user name only when searching all forums. You can search individual forums and it works. I do not know of any other user names it errors out on, but I suspect there may be more. I did test with about 10 or so with good results.

I miss the date range option as well. I know the developer is looking into it.

I'll list the error.  It looks like a bad index or something. Thans for pointing out and the additional info to help narrow it down.

BTW  

You can now make that same search by hitting the search icon near the user name in a post. It however does error out on your user name.

It looks like a magnifing glass next to your name.

In my searching, I found that if searching in for sale. It finds in all forums. Makes it hard to find stuff.

Way to break things Postal...

Sheesh, you know you're bad when just your screen names kills the search function...
smile.gif

Not done yet just trying to get us back to where we were.... better things coming soon

Back