Deer Takes Down Hunter

billjames

Registered
It's getting harder out there every day folks.

ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story

That sucks! Thats part of the reason I carry a sidearm with me during deer season. Deer look so timid but when they are pissed there hooves will cut like knives with there powerful blows. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. RIP in ol deer hunter.

I've never shot a deer but aren't you supposed to wait long enough to make sure it's dead?
Sneak up with round loaded and barrel poke it? It moves Blamo!
Is this common for folks to get injured by deer they just shot?

Sad RIP.

I got whooped by a deer we thought was dead several years ago and believe me, I make dang sure their dead before I get near em now. you have to experience how powerful they are to believe it.

Sent via LG-Thrill with Tapatalk.

I've never shot a deer but aren't you supposed to wait long enough to make sure it's dead?
Sneak up with round loaded and barrel poke it? It moves Blamo!
Is this common for folks to get injured by deer they just shot?

Sad RIP.

Yes that is correct. Always approach an animal from the rear with a loaded gun and finger on the trigger. Some say poke its eye with the gun barrel but I just poke its hind qaurter with the end of the barrel. Unless you are hunting with a bow and arrow but then they say you should wait a few hours.

Back