Deeper Cleaning

WOW....nice work, but bruh, you seriously need to lube that chain. You're gonna eat through your sprocket in nothin flat.

My chain looks the same way using the Dupont chain wax. Clean and golden. If you run your hands on it you will get the lube on your hands so I know the chain is coated, just because it doesnt have the typical chain lube white nasty grease on it doesnt mean its not lubed ;-)

Looks good but what do you use to clean the chain and wheels to get the heavier stuff off..and I'm going to wash mine now..lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WOW....nice work, but bruh, you seriously need to lube that chain. You're gonna eat through your sprocket in nothin flat.

Nah, that's just the way it looks :) It gets cleaned with Kerosene, then heavy lube & dry with the Dupont Chain Lube. Best stuff on the market I've seen yet. Absolutely, no fling & no gunky (waxy) buildup. Getting a chrome chain, when the life of this one is over. I expect the same look, on that one.

Looks good but what do you use to clean the chain and wheels to get the heavier stuff off..and I'm going to wash mine now..lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kerosene on the chain, and Original Spirits Bike Wash in the can, for the bike and rims; then Pledge on top of that. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the `TIP`...as in cotton swab. I will look for some of those next time at wallyworld. (prolly more used to clean behind locking lugs on my rifle)
Anyway nothing wrong with being a little OCD, I think I suffer from it too obsessive compulsive disorder.
:thumbsup:

Me and Busa we're proud of our dirt. Sort of like bringing a momento of the trip home:laugh:

It's like that dude in "Saving Private Ryan" who would grab a little can of dirt everytime he hit the ground in another country..........

Not to get off topic and great advice by the way,, but damn look at them chicken strips they have to be atleast 2 inches. LOL
I hate top admit this, but my tyres are the same way. I do almost all my riding in a straight line in Texas. I have thought about getting out the sander and scuffing the rubber right to the edge just so all the young blokes at CycleGear don't poke fun of me when I go in there to get em changed.

I have never used water on my bike either. I use this stuff and it is truly amazing:

waterless_bottle_pic__77704_std.jpg

I can't believe some of you guys never use water on your bikes. I wash mine down at least once a month and more than that if I get caught in the rain. Water is not going to hurt your bike. After every ride I also wipe my bikes down with Honda Polish or ect to keep the dust off the wheels and ect.
She always looks like she came off the showroom floor. I've never done the cotton swabs though; that's a little to much detailing for me.

I hate top admit this, but my tyres are the same way. I do almost all my riding in a straight line in Texas. I have thought about getting out the sander and scuffing the rubber right to the edge just so all the young blokes at CycleGear don't poke fun of me when I go in there to get em changed.

I personally don't care about the chicken strips :laugh: I Have enough fun, with the way I ride, and how far I lean it. I'm more of a cruiser, with occasional bursts of speed. That's it!

Does the pledge really work? I am actually putting mine in a show this weekend. I am not trying to win anything.. it's just on display with hundreds of other. People say Pledge and the like is flammable.. like does that REALLY make a difference?

Does the pledge really work? I am actually putting mine in a show this weekend. I am not trying to win anything.. it's just on display with hundreds of other. People say Pledge and the like is flammable.. like does that REALLY make a difference?

I get good results with it, as do others. It is used by those in the automotive, boating industry as well, for detailing. As far as flammable, I don't think you'll have to worry about that. :)

Back