Decals Came In!

Jbaby1969

Registered
So I’m going to be doing a color change on my 2008. The decals came in from Bulgaria today and they look great. The decals you see on EBay and a few other places on the web like moto-sticker.com are all made by the same guy. You can tell by the photos if it is him or not. Here’s some pictures to show the quality.

They came packed in thick cardboard. Taped around the edges.

There are extra decals labeled as “gift” that he threw in.

As you can see I went with the 2019 decals because I’m going silver with the bike.

So I’m going to be doing a color change on my 2008. The decals came in from Bulgaria today and they look great. The decals you see on EBay and a few other places on the web like moto-sticker.com are all made by the same guy. You can tell by the photos if it is him or not. Here’s some pictures to show the quality. View attachment 1604134
They came packed in thick cardboard. Taped around the edges. View attachment 1604135
There are extra decals labeled as “gift” that he threw in.View attachment 1604136
As you can see I went with the 2019 decals because I’m going silver with the bike.
whats the price of them?

Thats why you want to get into the decal business. (if i remeber right you said you will do that soon?)
Crazy expensive for some stickers...damn.,...
I figure if I cut two decal kits for myself it will pay for the machine. Not to mention I can make T-shirt’s that I actually like. It’s just something to try out. There’s a good chance I will buy the machine, figure out it’s too much work and put it in my closet:D

I figure if I cut two decal kits for myself it will pay for the machine. Not to mention I can make T-shirt’s that I actually like. It’s just something to try out. There’s a good chance I will buy the machine, figure out it’s too much work and put it in my closet:D

You can make a load of money off that. sell stuff over ebay. I needed some decals for my new helmet a couple weeks ago and looked for hours thru ebay. you can basically charge everything for a bit of plastic...

Are you able to make "whatever" with a machine or how does that work?

You can make a load of money off that. sell stuff over ebay. I needed some decals for my new helmet a couple weeks ago and looked for hours thru ebay. you can basically charge everything for a bit of plastic...

Are you able to make "whatever" with a machine or how does that work?
Yeah you can pretty much make anything you want to make. There are three cutters that are “hobby” grade. Cricut, Silhouette and ScanNcut. They all have ups and downs. Mainly the fact that they will only cut decals 12 inches wide or less. A plotter is more of a professional machine that can be bought in widths over 50 inches. I’ll probably go the bigger route around 48 inches so I can cut larger projects. The hobby grade machines are around $225. The plotters are around $350.

The down side of all this is having to “stack” vinyl to create multi color decals. The big companies print direct to vinyl so they can create multi color decals with one piece of vinyl.

If a “hobby” cutter wanted to make this AGV decal they would have to cut the white background, then cut each individual piece within it (letters, Italian flag, black outline.) Then “build” the decal. It’s time consuming and the customer has to know that’s what they will be getting, not a perfectly smooth one piece decal.

The down side of all this is having to “stack” vinyl to create multi color decals. The big companies print direct to vinyl so they can create multi color decals with one piece of vinyl. View attachment 1604148
If a “hobby” cutter wanted to make this AGV decal they would have to cut the white background, then cut each individual piece within it (letters, Italian flag, black outline.) Then “build” the decal. It’s time consuming and the customer has to know that’s what they will be getting, not a perfectly smooth one piece decal.
Thanks for explaining!

Back