Decals, Accents and Improvements

Kiwi Rider

Registered
As most of you know, I've changed the look of my bike with new fairings and lamps.
I really feel it needs Suzuki decals above the headlamp and above the tail lamp as the standard set up does.
Does anyone know where I can get decals the same as the genuine ones but without the hefty price of OEM?
Also, I'd like some accent stripes as the Gen 2 nose fairing has on either side of the headlamp coming down on an angle.
1518825627505.png

What do you think?
Should I change the look of the nose or leave it plain with no stripes?
I gave her a wash today, here's some nice pics for your viewing pleasure!
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1762 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

I'd look for a pinstriper. The prices for OEM decals are outrageous and probably more than some minimal pin striping. I'd leave off the Suzuki tags but the arrows or some kind of lightning bolt alongside the lamps would add to the look, something in red. In place of the Suzuki tag on the rear, maybe try something in Japanese like Banzai MuthaFu...well maybe just Banzai.:D

Taking another look maybe some white pin striping on the fender would look good too. I'd also have the front plastics clear coated a couple coats to ward off chips and dings. I wish I'd thought of that when I got my white Busa in 06.

Maybe one above the headlight only . Really , it is good to keep people guessing a bit , and a purist will know it is a Busa and appreciate your bike for what it is and what mods etc. you have done . Is that Akrapovic full ti ?? , anyhow , I like it . Really am thinking more of doing a Gen 1 next , than ever before , the first gen bodywork is much better imo , but the forks are different diameter to Gen 2 , so would not have choice of billet clamps off the shelf with all fork options I possess . I really do like your beast Kiwi Rider , except for the sissy bar ....haha, maybe look into the suspension now and get an idea what you are up for , then check whats around in the USA on the net , then see if anyone knows someone who can get the best deal over there for you .

The oem are worth the coin as they are much higher quality then ones that you have made IMO. I bought factory anniversary Kanji’s for $280 but your not gonna find anywhere else that can duplicate the multi color accent.

I'd look for a pinstriper. The prices for OEM decals are outrageous and probably more than some minimal pin striping. I'd leave off the Suzuki tags but the arrows or some kind of lightning bolt alongside the lamps would add to the look, something in red. In place of the Suzuki tag on the rear, maybe try something in Japanese like Banzai MuthaFu...well maybe just Banzai.:D

Taking another look maybe some white pin striping on the fender would look good too. I'd also have the front plastics clear coated a couple coats to ward off chips and dings. I wish I'd thought of that when I got my white Busa in 06.

Awesome man, thanks for the ideas, I'm gonna chew on them for a while... I just don't wanna over cook the look, if you know what I mean.
It's gotta be subtle.
I'm trying to keep costs down and divert $$$ into suspension and brakes etc.

Maybe one above the headlight only . Really , it is good to keep people guessing a bit , and a purist will know it is a Busa and appreciate your bike for what it is and what mods etc. you have done . Is that Akrapovic full ti ?? , anyhow , I like it . Really am thinking more of doing a Gen 1 next , than ever before , the first gen bodywork is much better imo , but the forks are different diameter to Gen 2 , so would not have choice of billet clamps off the shelf with all fork options I possess . I really do like your beast Kiwi Rider , except for the sissy bar ....haha, maybe look into the suspension now and get an idea what you are up for , then check whats around in the USA on the net , then see if anyone knows someone who can get the best deal over there for you .
Thanks mate, your assessment is spot on.
Yes, full ti Akra, picked it up as new old stock, $920 delivered to my door.
I was more than happy as I was fitting it to the ol'girl.
I did not know the Gen 2 forks are a larger O.D. Interesting.
So does the Gen 2 steering stem (with top and bottom bearings) and clamps bolt on to Gen 1, or is it Billet aftermarket only?
Ha! the"sissy bar" actually has a very important function, it carries my poop, so I overlook it re the aesthetics, function OVER form, if ya get my drift.
Thanks for the positive input, and the advice, all good mate, cheers.

The oem are worth the coin as they are much higher quality then ones that you have made IMO. I bought factory anniversary Kanji’s for $280 but your not gonna find anywhere else that can duplicate the multi color accent.

I would love to have NEW OEM fairings, but can't justify the cost, the prices are thru the roof here in NZ!!
Those Kanji decals are priced to the extreme, but ya pay for quality and long term, it's worth it.
Cheers for the input. :beerchug:

Nice looking scooter man! Love the racer look.
Thanks Willie, will be a racer with new Ohlins stuff too!
I'm working towards it, visualization is a great tool to achieve the objective.
How's that Beemer treating you mate? How many miles on the odo now?
Can you put up some pics of your Busa please? or a link to where I can view your weaponry, I've not seen it and I know it's loaded with top shelf gear!!

I'd agree that OEMs are better than aftermarket (decals) but compared to what a pin striper could do, might cost even more.

PM me your address I'll mail them to you.

Edit: I've misplaced them at the moment. I'll update if I can find them.

Think they are gone. Place below gave me mine when I got the gold decal kit. He has the file to make exact fit oem decals, so they are correct fitment.

http://www.moto-sticker.com/suzuki-...300r-hayabusa-stickers/2008-2011-hayabusa-dp1
Excellent! Thanks so much for that link, I'm gettin' excited
If you do find them, I'd be wrapt if you mailed them to me!
:beerchug:

Thanks mate, your assessment is spot on.
Yes, full ti Akra, picked it up as new old stock, $920 delivered to my door.
I was more than happy as I was fitting it to the ol'girl.
I did not know the Gen 2 forks are a larger O.D. Interesting.
So does the Gen 2 steering stem (with top and bottom bearings) and clamps bolt on to Gen 1, or is it Billet aftermarket only?
Ha! the"sissy bar" actually has a very important function, it carries my poop, so I overlook it re the aesthetics, function OVER form, if ya get my drift.
Thanks for the positive input, and the advice, all good mate, cheers.
Gen 2 fork is 50mm top and 55mm bottom of body . I think Gen 1 is same on top but 54mm on bottom ?? , someone correct me if I am wrong . There are 25mm cartridge Ohlins fork for the Gen 1 as well as 2 of course , you are still able to get interchangeable plates that bolt up radial calipers for these . You can also definitely get radial caliper adapters that bolt to the fixed axial caliper mounts for the other type of Ohlins if these are your fork option . I believe the front end on Gen 1 is overall narrower than Gen 2 , and also the rear swingarm also narrower . If I got that wrong , let us know lads , cos this is info might get stowed away in my brain stem for later trouble , enough spam there already :rolleyes: !! The complete Gen 2 set up should fit up on the frame , no worries , you just have to mind the wider set up for bodywork clearance . I remember seeing a write up where Pashnit posted a pic of someone he knows gen1 with the full Gen 2 set up . If you went Gen 2 front end , you can get 30mm FGRT Ohlins like my set up . All this modifying Gen 1 is getting me itching for Old Skool Busa :thumbsup: .

Haha! 'Itching for old skool ' lmao.
You go Aussie :beerchug:
Cheers for the info mate, the Gen2 front end with Ohlins cartridges would be the cheaper option. Probably save thousands over the full Ohlins forks.
I think the Gsxr 1k 30mm Ohlins cartridge is fitted up to my Gen 2 stockers , because Matt had TBR ,Trever Birrell Racing fitted them up . I believe the fork bodies had to be modified to receive the Ohlins cartridges . I do not know if the Gen 2 has 30mm stand alone cartridges for them , because they are not traditional race bike . The option of FGRT208 are for the Gen 2 and are 30mm cartridge equipped , so you may be able to get them nowadays , but I am unaware of this . The full FGRT fork is nearly 2 kg per leg lighter than stock Gen 2 fork , so if you want to wheelie easier than ever before .... :laugh:
I think I may be able to get a Gen 1 to handle better than my L2 ... IF I wanted to fit up gold bro , so might you bro !!!

Thanks Willie, will be a racer with new Ohlins stuff too!
I'm working towards it, visualization is a great tool to achieve the objective.
How's that Beemer treating you mate? How many miles on the odo now?
Can you put up some pics of your Busa please? or a link to where I can view your weaponry, I've not seen it and I know it's loaded with top shelf gear!!

Is that paint or skins on your bike? If skins who's are they?

My bike isn't that special IMHO, it's setup for touring with the occasional track day. It's an 09, so the Brembos aren't stock but Busas now have them. Now that I run with a SENA headset I got rid of all that stuff in the hump! The AutoCom was awesome and the Kenwoods got easy 2-3 mile range on com. Have electric cruise now. Break in going slow on the BMW. Only 300 or so miles so far but I like it more every ride. Here are some Busa pictures, sorry for thread jack but you did ask, lol!
cockpit 2.jpg
DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG
Diagram.jpg

Is that paint or skins on your bike? If skins who's are they?

My bike isn't that special IMHO, it's setup for touring with the occasional track day. It's an 09, so the Brembos aren't stock but Busas now have them. Now that I run with a SENA headset I got rid of all that stuff in the hump! The AutoCom was awesome and the Kenwoods got easy 2-3 mile range on com. Have electric cruise now. Break in going slow on the BMW. Only 300 or so miles so far but I like it more every ride. Here are some Busa pictures, sorry for thread jack but you did ask, lol!

Thanks for the pics Arch, awesome!
Yes, that is paint on my bike, all the stripes are hand painted and not decals.
The Red Kanjis and the red SUZUKI on the lower sides are decals.
My original red/black '99 fuel tank has an ABS plastic tank cover painted electric blue and pearlescent white with gold fleck.
The setup under your hump is really something to behold lol.
The pics were great, but the pic of the Ohlins precious metals had me drooling! I'm trawling the web constantly for the best deals on Ohlins equipment, Brembo brakes and CF wheels. Will make the purchase soon, I can feel it is near. :D

Well both the Ohlins and the Brembos will change the character of bike significantly. The biggest change will be braking, control from the Brembos and MC, chasis stability from the Ohlins. The two together will make stopping almost as fun as accelerating! Remember the Ohlins are like any suspension and require proper setup. If you buy used, you will need to be sure the springing is correct for your weight and riding style. Also the Ohlins require a oil flushing and check over at about 6 months. This is an important service and should be done by and Ohlins tech. After that they are trouble free.

Good luck on the mods, again great looking bike you got going.

Back