Decal free?

Speed King

Banned
I was kinda thinking of removing all the decals from my busa.

How many of ya think the busa looks better decal free? Or without some of the decals.

Mine was without when I bought it. I put the kanji back on and love the look. It looked to plain without them to me.

In stock form i think they look good with the stock decals....

Mine is decal free accept a kanji and hayabusa on my solo, this winter when she gets paint its gonna be completely naked though:thumbsup:

Another chance to post up Misty

I like them Clean

===================================================================

000_3559.jpg

000_3609.jpg

Mine is going to be without after the re-paint. May add some of them back after a while. Dunno, we'll see.

I like mine on.. I took the Suzuki off the nose and tail.. kept the S on the tank.. I gotta have the Hayabusa in the sides.. around here when people see that they just stare.. also let's the ricers know to back off and dont waist my time :thumbsup:

Changing the colors looks goods too. I changed all the decals to black on my 08 black/grey. You can't remove the ones on the tanks on gen2, they're under the clearcoat. So without repainting, it looks kinda funny just havin those stripes left.

leave em on or change the color. Most of the time i dont like the look without em. There are a few exceptions.... Misty:whistle:

Looks way too plain without on a solid color busa. But, thats my opinion.

I personally like it. Debadge my SS too. But on a bike.. if it's not a custom paint job.. could seem like you wrecked it and just didn't replace the stickers. Who cares though.. its yours and make it your own : )

i like mine without. i like the looks of people trying to figure out what it is
i do still have the displacement stickers on the tail though.. and those funky check marks that extend from the tank onto the upper fairings.

IMG_2308.jpg

i like mine without. i like the looks of people trying to figure out what it is
i do still have the displacement stickers on the tail though.. and those funky check marks that extend from the tank onto the upper fairings.

The blacked out pipes look really good:thumbsup: I've been thinkin about paintin my midpipes too. I took the chrome sheilds off the fronts when I cut my mufflers and painted the end caps black. My big Kanjis are called twilight black(all other decals are regular black), they kinda have that metallic look of stock, but blend into the paint.
My passenger pegs are powdercoated black(T&M does great work cheap and fast), I'm gonna buy black rearsets eventually too. In the meantime I'm gonna use Blanca's Rustolium idea and spray the stockers. I sprayed the gas tank cap trim, frame bolts, and a few other silver parts black too.
Smoked tail and turn signals blend nice with black and black/grey Busas.
Subtle changes make big differences!

All the ones I've seen without are great looking.
Likewise, all the ones with a total re-paint PLUS the Hayabusa Character also looks fantastic.
I guess the bike has enough "presence" with or without.
However, I do think the Character "Adds" more than it takes away from the total effect keeping in mind that calligraphy is actually an ART FORM and the sensuality or manner of each stroke when made, reveals a certain animosity or "aliveness" and even the MOOD or mental condition of the artist representing the character.
Occidentals generally miss this evocative aspect entirely.
However, it's YOUR BIKE and YOUR PASSION. It might have an IKEA look and still be the ultimate look for some people.

Back