DEATH VALLEY April 21 and 22

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
DEATH VALLEY! Its fabulous and scenic and Gloriously beautiful.
Death Valley is the destination and the third week of April is the time. Temperatures should be manageable.
Its 374 miles to the Furnace Creek Inn from Lambs front door. That would be a cool spot to stay the nite.
Cabin, 2 double beds, $167.
Leaving at 5 am and using the western route up the 395. Expect to be at the Panamint Springs area (190) by 11. There is some stuff to see and various places to go North and west of the 190 and 178. That would be the saturday agenda ending with a chain clean and lube at the cabin.
Sunday would be areas east and south of the 178-190 heading out of the park through Badwater (lowest point in the U.S.A.). Lamb would expect to be up fairly early and riding by 8. Lots to see and gotta high-tail it home still.
Sounds like a big weekend of riding now that its written down but it should be under 1000 so you long range guys can put your response here____________________.
We can meetup anywhere along the route.

Lamb!

I live near Death Valley. I haven't been thought there yet on my Busa but I am always looking for a good excuse to get out and ride. I have mostly been rideing to Lake Isabella wich is west of 395 and hwy 14 on 178. If your coming down 395 you have to go though my neck of the woods to get to Death Valley. I might like to meet up but will have to see my work scedual is like.

I live near Death Valley. I haven't been thought there yet on my Busa but I am always looking for a good excuse to get out and ride. I have mostly been rideing to Lake Isabella wich is west of 395 and hwy 14 on 178. If your coming down 395 you have to go though my neck of the woods to get to Death Valley. I might like to meet up but will have to see my work scedual is like.

Awesome Joe! Lake Isabella is terrific riding.Huge trees, curvy roads,awesome riverscapes. Lamb loves that area.

Check out that schedule and let me know.
Later
Lamb

To the top !

Death Valley anyone ?

How about an air show Saturday instead *

2018 April 7.jpg

It's a bit starker, and you don't get the Sierra views, but the 178 through Searles Valley is pretty wild, beautiful, and remote. Trona Pinnacles are fun. Trona itself, not so much.

Back on the 395 route, Lone Pine is worth a stop too if you want to go a little further north.

Back