***Deals Gap Trip***

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
This time it IS going to happen. Friday 8/15 -Sunday 8/17. As of right now there are going to be about 5 of us from work going. They have it stuck in their heads that we need to stay in a cabin type of thing instead of a hotel. We are staying just outside of Pigeon Forge. Again I'm not 100% sure where we are going to stay but we will be there late morning/early afternoon on Friday.

Jester do you know if you are going to be able to make it out here?

I'm going to try and make it. Just depends on work. We've got a ton of weekend work going on right now but I want to do this if I can.

love to go but we're expecting our baby to be born somewhere around there.

i'll probably not make another trip to the gap this year.. but I'll hopefully be able to next year with you guys.
sad.gif

Jim,

I was told I could take the 15th off from work. I'll be there unless something unforeseen comes up. Let me know where you're staying and I'll try to get a room either close by or in the same joint.

ben

Just misssing again by a little. i will be in the Smokies area from 8/20-8/23

Jim,

Don't know if it's possible, but would you want to ride up there together or are you trailering? I am ready for some curves. I haven't done the dragon in almost a year, so I'm stoked.

Ninja Eater,
Don't give up on us. We probably ought to plan a east coast busa rally sometime in the next 12 months. We can't seem to get everyone in one place like the west coast.

I was gonna try and run down, but I got conned into teachin another MSF-BRC. So I'll be ridin 125cc-250cc bikes all weekend, in circles in a parking lot!!!

Its actually more fun than it sounds. But the ride to and from on the Busa will be better!

Jim,

Don't know if it's possible, but would you want to ride up there together or are you trailering?  I am ready for some curves.  I haven't done the dragon in almost a year, so I'm stoked.

Ninja Eater,
Don't give up on us.  We probably ought to plan a east coast busa rally sometime in the next 12 months.  We can't seem to get everyone in one place like the west coast.
Are you in?  If so yes we can ride together. I'm still waiting to hear back from Jester to see if he is going to be able to make it. I will get all the info tomorrow. (Hotel and stuff.)

I was gonna try and run down, but I got conned into teachin another MSF-BRC. So I'll be ridin 125cc-250cc bikes all weekend, in circles in a parking lot!!!

Its actually more fun than it sounds. But the ride to and from on the Busa will be better!
Maybe next time
beerchug.gif

Jim,

As of this moment, yes, I'm in. That would be cool if I could ride up with you.

I'm all for taking the long route up there too if you've got the time. Hwy 19 to Hwy 60 to Tenn 68 to Deals Gap to Cherokee Foothills Pkway to 321 to Pigeon Forge. Takes twice as long as taking the direct route but it's a hell of a lot more fun. More curves than you can count!

I think part of the Foothills Parkway is still closed. Last year when I rode up there I took 129 all the way but your way works as well. I just heard from Jester and he won't be able to make this one. I should have all the hotel info tonight.

Ben we are going to stay at the Fairfield Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN. The rooms are $100 per night but it's not a bad place. We stayed there last year. My friend is going to reserve the rooms tonight. We can share a room and split the cost. If this isn't cool let me know.

If anyone else wants to get a room here the number is 865-429-8300.

Ben you have mail.
Jim

director.gif
HOTEL SUBJECT TO CHANGE
cussing.gif
The guy making the reservations is thinking that this is NOT the same place we stayed last year and is going to check and get back with me tomorrow. I wil update this post as soon as I can.

Jim,

Dont sweat the hotel stuff. Anywhere you guys settle on is good for me. I figure we'll only be in the room long enough to get some sleep anyway. Who wants to be in a room when you got a busa and thousands of curvy roads nearby. You've got mail.

ben

director.gif
HOTEL SUBJECT TO CHANGE
cussing.gif
  The guy making the reservations is thinking that this is NOT the same place we stayed last year and is going to check and get back with me tomorrow.  I wil update this post as soon as I can.
The hotel did change. We are now staying at the Comfort Suites in Pigeon Forge on Teaster Ln, TN. The number for anyone else that may want to go is 865-429-3700.

Ben our rooms are secured and we'll split the bill for the night you are going to stay. My friends from the south side said that they are going to leave between 9 & 9:30 Friday morning and that it will take them about 3.5 -4 hours to get to the hotel. Let me know what time you want to meet on 400 at Twoees and I'll be there. I'll talk to you sometime between now and then to finalize plans. And don't worry about the snoring I've got earplugs
laugh.gif

Back