Deals Gap collision!

dwnhllthng

Registered
Sorry if I made you panic, I'm actually just looking for that video of teh two sportbikes that collided head on at Deals Gap. One of my buddies has gotten to brazen adn is swinging wide in turns up on the mtn and I want to show him what is going to happen if he doesnt start riding at his own pace. So if anyone has the link to that video send it my way!
smile.gif

Not deals gap...sorry, but check it out for those of you who havent seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad part about that accident is the fact that the oncoming rider had no options. By the time the innocent rider saw the illegal rider it was too late. The illegal rider was speeding at an over excessive rate.

Yea, i cant help but to think how sad it is that a rider that was probably just enjoying a nice ride may have (probably) gotten killed because of another riders arrogance.

I think it was ego. If it's the same video, the guy got passed and was trying to keep up with the faster bike. A shame for sure.

I'm not sure that many of you think of this, but do you all ride with the balls of your feet on the footpegs? I'm always ready to jump up in the air if I think someone is going to ram into me. Anyone else think this way?

(BangkokBusa @ Jul. 30 2007,13:04) I'm not sure that many of you think of this, but do you all ride with the balls of your feet on the footpegs?  I'm always ready to jump up in the air if I think someone is going to ram into me.  Anyone else think this way?
I do ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs, but not for that, it gives me a feel of more control.

If I am chillin or setting in for a long ride, then I lock them in at the arches and settle in. That accident has about a one in a million chance of ever being repeated in that form.

There's a guy on another forum that I infrequent that wrecked a couple of years afgo in the dragon and took out another bike in the process. He walked away, but the guy he took out lost a leg in the accident. He crashed in the dragon again this year. At least he didn't take anyone out this time. He still hasn't learned.

Back