Dealing with OH unemployment

TheAtomicAss

Registered
Like probably quite a few here, I've been out of work.

I've been filing since mid-January, and just got the notice I've been denied due to a "disqualifying separation from work". Which is something I fail to understand. ???

I wasn't fired from work, I didn't quit, I was working with a temporary agency, and the client I was working for basically ran out of work. Since then I've been calling them on a daily basis, but they've had no work for me.

Anyone know how to interpret legalese? :rulez:

Specific code they hit me with was 4141.01(R)(2)

Maybe it was because you were'nt full time with the company and you were just temporary??? Sucks to hear. Hope you can find some work..

Maybe it was because you were'nt full time with the company and you were just temporary??? Sucks to hear. Hope you can find some work..

That's just it, I may not have been full time with the companies I worked at, but I was a full time employee of the temp service. Which should still count. At least, I haven't found a temporary agency exclusion in any of the code I've looked at... Or at least one that I can understand.

If what GA boi say is true then you should be able to go back to when you were laid off from your last full time job.

I'm speculating here, but it might have been due to your length of service with the temporary company.

Did you file as having been laid off by the temporary agency, or the employer you were sent to by the temporary agency?

Temporary staffing agencies are a scourge.

think it has to do with the fact that you were a temp worker, not a regular worker. Were you a W2 or 1099 employee?

I'm speculating here, but it might have been due to your length of service with the temporary company.

Did you file as having been laid off by the temporary agency, or the employer you were sent to by the temporary agency?

Temporary staffing agencies are a scourge.

I was fired from a job in 2007, (I didn't add this, I don't think, as I think they only asked for employers during 2008), I went to the temp agency and worked from Jan. thru June, when I got hired on at a company, got laid off in Oct., went back to temp agency and worked through Dec.

I only filed with the temp agency and the company I was hired on to.

I included that, but I was only in employ there full time for 14 weeks.

14weeks = 3 months. That could be some of the problem.

The biggest problem you are having is due to your employer being a temp company. You are basically an employee that works on an "on call" / "as needed" basis. You really have no rights other than those provided by your State's labor laws. The benefit of being a temp is that you have the possibility of having your foot in the door of a good company.

I know how you feel bro. I have placed closed to 50 resumes and applications within a 3 hour drive of where I live. I have had a handful of replies and interviews, but the companies that were hiring are now postponing for a few weeks to a few months. I made a mistake yesterday, out of anger, and asked a guy why he felt the need to advertise if he wasn't serious about bringing someone on board.

I know how you feel bro. I have placed closed to 50 resumes and applications within a 3 hour drive of where I live. I have had a handful of replies and interviews, but the companies that were hiring are now postponing for a few weeks to a few months. I made a mistake yesterday, out of anger, and asked a guy why he felt the need to advertise if he wasn't serious about bringing someone on board.

I ask that same question in the presence of myself, albeit with much less tact. :laugh:

You have to have 20 combined weeks of full time employment. It doesn't matter if it comes from one or more employers. The disqualifing event simply means your employment history failed to mee the minimum employment weeks full time status. Don't take any of our advice because none of us (I think ) even pretend to be lawyers on TV. You have the right to appear within something like 20 days . Ask someone at the employment to explain your rights. Tahe a note book along and write it down. I would at the very least appeal and ask for a hearing. The employer not you is compelled to show cause why you were not eligible for benefits. Larry

Just the stress showing through Revv. Take a deep breath as something will pop for you.

r8

Trust me, I wasn't that nice. I lost my temper. I was pissed to say the least.

Hey, figure it this way. I've not had ONE interview this year. Not ONE. And I've sent out my resume to around 15 companies thus far. I WISH I was even getting interviews.

Back