Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
LiveAssist Transcript

Print Copy Email Close
chat id : d4411279-59a3-4e82-a580-36750b24067c
Problem : Activation questions
ROBERT > Activation questions
Alrhasid > Hello ROBERT_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Alrhasid. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Alrhasid > Welcome to Comcast Self - Install Kit Activation support! It is a pleasure to have you on chat. I hope you haven't waited long to be assisted. How's your day so far?
ROBERT_ > Robert , . Serial # MA1031F17065 AND MA1034FAR835 NEED FULL ACITIVATION
Alrhasid > I see, not a problem. Let me check on that for you.
Alrhasid > Allow me to pull up your account.
Alrhasid > May I know to which Comcast service is that by the way?
Alrhasid > Is that for the Internet Service, Robert?
ROBERT_ > tv internet
Alrhasid > Okay, let me check on that for you. Let me start working on the Internet connection.
Alrhasid > May I ask for the mac address of the device or the modem connected to your computer. Mac address is found at the back or at the bottom part of the device.
ROBERT_ > PAEY006400146
Alrhasid > Thank you. I am asking for the mac address from the modem which is connected to the computer.
ROBERT_ > My modem connection is good. Want to set up Digital Cable
ROBERT_ > TV not Internet
Alrhasid > Oh okay. Let me check on it here now. PAEY006400146 is the serial number of the cable box, right?
ROBERT_ > NO !!! i just gave you the Numbers
Alrhasid > Oh sorry about that. I am actually referring to the Cable box connected to the TV set now. Please check if the serial number of the box is PAEY006400146
ROBERT_ > No they are again MA1031F17065 AND MA1034FAR835
Alrhasid > Thank you. Please make sure that those boxes are connected to the TV set properly.
ROBERT_ > Yes they are. I allready tried to activate online. I get a REF CODE S0a00 code or a Code 7. Call Comcast.
Alrhasid > Okay, If I may ask, are these boxes a replacement? If so, May I know which boxes are they replacing? You may provide the serial number.
ROBERT_ > No
Alrhasid > Oh, so those boxes are not replacement, Is that right?
ROBERT_ > Not replacements. I had the original basic cable Small boxes installed. Cant watch HBO unless i got The Digital Boxes. This is like the 6th time iam dealing with this Issue
Alrhasid > Thank you. The boxes are actually not found on the account. Here is what you need to do, Please call 1-888-270-6445 so the boxes maybe added and be activated as well.
ROBERT_ > I allready did that. They sent the signal. nothing is working
Alrhasid > I see, I am so sorry to hear that. There is a need to call that number as the device is not added on the account. If that number is not working for you, please call 1-800-XFINITY (934-6489) instead as the box needs to be on the account first before activation can take place.
ROBERT_ > They were allready added. I ACTIVATED them ONLIINE. how can I activate them if they are not allready added. Come on man do your homework
Alrhasid > I see, I am so sorry to hear that. Let me see what I can further do.
Alrhasid > Robert, In as much as I wanted to have the boxes activated at the moment, I am not as there is a need for you to call the numbers I have provided since they need to check on the boxes first before this can be activated.
ROBERT_ > so what is code 7 ?
ROBERT_ > are they available tomorrow ?
Alrhasid > Yes they should be available tomorrow.
Alrhasid > Try to call within 8am to 1pm EST.
ROBERT_ > Code 7?
Alrhasid > Is that displayed on the box?
ROBERT_ > What Box ? Come on man Code 7 is on the TV Screen when I try to access on Demand.
Alrhasid > Oh I see, that is a sort of an error message as the box is not active at the moment. That normally happens when the box is not active yet.
ROBERT_ > Do you have a current Resume ?
Alrhasid > May I know what is the resume for?
ROBERT_ > MC Donalds because you are not an ASSET to Comcast. Goodbye
Alrhasid > I am so sorry about that, Robert. In as much as I wanted to work on the boxes further.
Alrhasid > The department where the boxes can be activated are already closed.

Last edited:
Amazing what outsourcing really does for a company. The bean counters think it saves money. What a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amazing what outsourcing really does for a company. The bean counters think it saves money. What a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's the truth but I guess it's cheaper to pay 3 people $3/hr than it is to pay someone $12/hr +benefits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back