Dealerships

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
One of our brethren was saying in an other post that the only time we talk about dealerships is when something goes wrong and we all bandwagon against them ( were all guilty of it ). Well that got me to thinking that its time to share some of the good experiences!! So dont be scared go ahead and post up!!

Place in NC where I got my Busa was AWESOME!!! Top notch guys working there, no hassles...best price...best staff and service...

Curry Chain Saw in Lumberton, NC...highly recommended!

How's that?!
biggrin.gif

ROTFL....
laugh.gif
Like I said man, folks only wanna beyotch...

Went and picked up a customer the other day. His 02 cbr600 crapped out on him on the interstate. We went and got him.

Also delivered a battery to parking lot about a week ago. Poor bastid was pretty certain it was the battery so we drove out, checked it out, and sure enough battery was more than likely beyond hope. So called the store had him give the cashier his CC info and boom, new battery delivered.
thumbs-up.gif

One thing I notice here more than anywhere else is customers that expect a discount all the time....

Haven't had a "bad" experience with dealer. Other than prices I guess they're okay. Guess everybody has to eat. Owner keeps telling me "we'll take care of ya", but it gets lost between him and cashier! As long as I get what I ask for and it is reasonably priced, it's all good. Only been to him once for 600 miler. I am learning from you guys and do the easy stuff myself now. Hopefully I'll be dynoing in spring though.
cool.gif

I think so long as folks remember that bikes are personal, much more so than cars, and that the Dealership has bills to pay and paychecks to sign we should all be good.

Fair Profit is all I ask, dealership isn't a charity and their margine on new bikes is surprisingly narrow.

I agree Rev., but I was a bit PO'd when I paid $4.99 for a qt of Suzuki oil and $15.00 for an OEM filter.
wow.gif

Gotta eat, I agree. But not Surf and Turf every meal!
laugh.gif

Shame on me for not asking though.
sad.gif

It bothers me when all I ever read is people calling their local shops "Stealerships". My dealer has been great. Honestly, I bought from them because of the people and the location, NOT the bike. (Although I love my Busa
blush.gif
)

Ok - Friday, Jan. 27th, I rode to the dealership. That's right, Jan. 27th - IN IOWA.

I was missing a bolt that had fallen out. It was one that holds the front fender on, just above the caliper mounts.

They looked it up and didn't have it (or the rubber washer) in stock, and were going to order them. I had already figured that. Parts guy says, "Just a sec" and dissappears. He came back about 5 minutes later, charges me a little over $3, and I ask when it will be in. He says, "It's already on your bike - I found one in the shop".
- NICE!

Don't really have anything bad to say with dealership I bought my bike from. Matter of a fact I have bought 2 from them now and several friends have bought bikes from them now. We will cont. to drive the 160 miles once way to deal with Bartlesville Cycle Sports.
Now the look stealership we have in Wichita is another story. The owners are kinda pricks and have even told me before they would not warranty any bikes if I buy from elsewhere.

Don't really have anything bad to say with dealership I bought my bike from. Matter of a fact I have bought 2 from them now and several friends have bought bikes from them now. We will cont. to drive the 160 miles once way to deal with Bartlesville Cycle Sports.
Now the look stealership we have in Wichita is another story. The owners are kinda pricks and have even told me before they would not warranty any bikes if I buy from elsewhere.
No bad only good on this thread.
wink.gif

The dealers in my local area SUCK period.
That's why I went on line and found Honda East in Toledo Ohio.
Scott Johnson (internet sales) took well care of me,didn't try to sell me any x-tra sh!t,and didn't have to haggle price!
The delivered the goods.
Kudos to them!!!!
beerchug.gif

I have bought several bikes and had them serviced from my Suz dealer in Bartlesville, Ok and can only praise them for service and sales
bowdown.gif
. The guys
blues.gif
are just great ! When I bring in my bike (70 miles one way) for servicing, they provide me with a loaner (so I can go to Breakfast or Lunch) and go where ever
wow.gif
! Of course I usually go back to the dealership and  
argue.gif
with the sales people (Kile and Randy) until the bike is ready to take home. I can't say enough about their attitudes and Servica, it's the TOPS
smile_face_r.gif

Bartlesville Harley Davison, Honda, Suzuki
Bartlesville, Oklahoma  
slider1.gif

When I bought my bike I dealt directly with the owner.He also rides a Busa.He treated me great Let me test ride before purchase,Let me name my price and threw in a helmet.I will be purchasing from there again Hebeler motor sports in Pendaltin NY.Good people!

When I bought my bike I dealt directly with the owner.He also rides a Busa.He treated me great Let me test ride before purchase,Let me name my price and threw in a helmet.I will be purchasing from there again Hebeler motor sports in Pendaltin NY.Good people!
Is he a member here?

GSPS (Gulf Shores Power Sports) in, you guessed it, Gulf Shores Alabama was pretty awesome when I bought my '06.

I bought a ton of gear from their selection and took it all back, sans the precious tags, and they gave me no guff at all.

Knowledgeable staff, good folks from front to back and they easily have the largest selection of riding gear that I have seen at a dealership.

I'd sure recommend them!

One of our brethren was saying in an other post that the only time we talk about dealerships is when something goes wrong and we all bandwagon against them ( were all guilty of it ). Well that got me to thinking that its time to share some of the good experiences!! So dont be scared go ahead and post up!!
You're right. So, heads up to Hahm Motorsports in Newport Beach, CA. I will say, however, that it's mostly because of the people who are still there from the prior ownership. Still, to be fair, it's rubbing off on the new guys, too!

Go there or be square.

--Wag--

Jeez, did I just age myself? Ouch.
biggrin.gif

Back