Dealerships

I think so long as folks remember that bikes are personal, much more so than cars, and that the Dealership has bills to pay and paychecks to sign we should all be good.  

Fair Profit is all I ask, dealership isn't a charity and their margine on new bikes is surprisingly narrow.
Very very true. I actually hate it when my service providers cut their prices too much because it means they are jeopardizing, even if only in a small way, their ability to be there later when I need 'em.

If their service and integrity are above and beyond, they can pretty much charge me what they want and I'll pay it without the slightest complaint.

As the saying goes, "You can have price, quality or service: Pick two."

--Wag--

I take the Busa to the dealership for everthing except mods. I can do all the maintenance myself, but don 't really have much desire to do the mundaine work. Chesterfield Valley Power Sports has been maintaining my bikes for 5 years now. No problems and they take care of the little things too. For example, they replaced the lost inner fairing screw that I lost at no charge. When I got to go back into the service area to check on my buddies wadded up bike, you could have eaten off the floor in the service area. And, they give me a good discount off most of the stuff I buy there since I've been a good customer for so long.

When I bought my bike I dealt directly with the owner.He also rides a Busa.He treated me great Let me test ride before purchase,Let me name my price and threw in a helmet.I will be purchasing from there again Hebeler motor sports in Pendaltin NY.Good people!
Is he a member here?
If not, HOW COME  
rock.gif
May the Captain will give you an extra 5 Post if you get someone to join  
laugh.gif

It's funny, when people have a bad expirience they are usually pissed off and typing away about it. It's not very often a person shares a pleasant situation with a dealer.

I bought my Busa from Tuckahoe Motorsports in South Jersey. They're prices and customer service is exceptional. A true family owned business that cares. Heck, every time you leave on two wheels they tell you to give a call and let em' know you got home OK. I have referred about 14 people that have purchased However, I have seen a better service dept.

Fairway Honda in Somers Point has the greatest service and I hope they would carry Suzuki products.

I called up...said I wanted a Busa TODAY...had cash...they threw a number at me, I said sold.
9400 +TTL & SEP later... they pulled her out of the crate and I rode her home.

They also have a barbecue thing every weekend for the customers....I often just "happen by" for lunch....mostly good people....they are even willing to install my yosh cams and dyno it without voiding my SEP.
a few of the parts department people are clueless...and think the rhetoric they spew at you is supposed to stick....hahaha!

Bought my busa from Donnell's in independence, Mo. My salesperson was Chris Thacker and he was great. As someone who is in the car business myself, I sell Ford trucks, I appreciated the way Chris listened to my concerns and questions and worked a fair deal for me and the dealership. I especially appreciate the fact that he never acted like "I'm not going to waste my time with this guy, a 55 year old guy is not going to trade his cruiser for a busa".

Ceritos Nissan is great!!!
biggrin.gif

Have yet to find that kind of service for motorcycle dealerships
tounge.gif

One can hope
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have bought several bikes and had them serviced from my Suz dealer in Bartlesville, Ok and can only praise them for service and sales
bowdown.gif
. The guys
blues.gif
are just great ! When I bring in my bike (70 miles one way) for servicing, they provide me with a loaner (so I can go to Breakfast or Lunch) and go where ever
wow.gif
! Of course I usually go back to the dealership and  
argue.gif
with the sales people (Kile and Randy) until the bike is ready to take home. I can't say enough about their attitudes and Servica, it's the TOPS
smile_face_r.gif

Bartlesville Harley Davison, Honda, Suzuki
Bartlesville, Oklahoma  
slider1.gif
Same guys I was talking about. Never heard a bad word about them. Just wish my first salesman was still there (RIP Levy). But Zach in service great guy to deal with too. Gotta get my last piece of fairing replaced this weekend. But since it is ther nose they going to install my DB for free since i bought from them and charge me around 20 to 30 dollars to mount my HID(hi/low) while it off too.

Bought my busa from Bright Powersports in Lincoln Park, MI.
They treated my like I walked on water. Can't complain too much about the dealer in the area, they just couldn't compete with Bright when it was time to buy a new bike.

Bought my busa from Donnell's in independence, Mo. My salesperson was Chris Thacker and he was great. As someone who is in the car business myself, I sell Ford trucks, I appreciated the way Chris listened to my concerns and  questions and worked a fair deal for me and the dealership. I especially appreciate the fact that he never acted like "I'm not going to waste my time with this guy, a 55 year old guy is not going to trade his cruiser for a busa".
I think as many times as you went back to "look" at it, he had some idea you would! LOL

I never fool with dealerships. Before I had 800 miles on my bike, I had found a good shop that I let do all the maintenance on my bike. I do the same with my cars. Dealerships are about selling you a product. Shops have to live or die on the quality of their work.

Back