Dealership didn't attach rear seat

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So dealership redid the rectifier harness then didn't reattach keyhole so my passenger seat is stuck on. What is the easiest way to break into back there? They're 20 miles away and I really don't want to make the trip. Hate myself for not checking it there.
Posted via Mobile Device

So dealership redid the rectifier harness then didn't reattach keyhole so my passenger seat is stuck on. What is the easiest way to break into back there? They're 20 miles away and I really don't want to make the trip. Hate myself for not checking it there.
Posted via Mobile Device

take it back and let it be their problem.

I agree with you, S4L. The pain of taking it back 20 miles (of glorious Busa riding) is much less of a hassle than trying to break into it.

it truly is. Guess it goes back Tuesday. Thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Take a camera along and snap pics of the tail section in great detail...it is VERY easy to slip and scratch something when doing this very annoying task. Make it very obvious you are taking pictures and why.

I am sure the cop would be pretty cool about it....I would be anrgy with the shoddy work.

he doesn't have much of a choice.

He can write the slip or the fine....unless he is in doubt that he has his paperwork, he will write the slip...because if he writes a fine and it goes to court...the judge will chew him out good for not writing the slip...been there done that.

I thought you could remove the tail light lense and fish around through there with a coat hanger, but I was having a hard time even with the seat off and being able to see what I was doing. You'll probably have to drop the undertail and reach up through.

seat 001.jpg

seat 006.jpg

if it is a stock and unmodded undertail, you can not remove it without having the tail section off first.

no clue how you plan to get passed the the reflector on the tail light by removing the lens.

no clue how you plan to get passed the the reflector on the tail light by removing the lens.

yea, there is about a 1/8 inch gap above the light housing... but the broblem is getting around the maze of brackets behind it.

Maybe if you could get ahold of one of those tiny cameras they use for endoscopic surgery, you could see what you were doing in there. :laugh:

Other than that, I don't know. Be sure to let us know how they get it apart.

yea, there is about a 1/8 inch gap above the light housing... but the broblem is getting around the maze of brackets behind it.

Maybe if you could get ahold of one of those tiny cameras they use for endoscopic surgery, you could see what you were doing in there. :laugh:

they take a jimmy bar under the area where your grab bar handle was...and pull pull until they get lucky....or they cut a hole in your undertail.

and there is foam above the taillight which is supposed to help stop vibrations..I wouldn't chance ripping it up unless I had to

plus putting stress on the tail light and it plastic brackets...not a good idea.

Back