Dealership didn't attach rear seat

i had this problem, only it was self-induced. i just grabbed the front edge of the seat and pulled while someone held the bike steady. wasn't easy, but it worked. the seat actually has a piece that covers the release mechanism to keep people from jimmying it open. good luck bro. :please:

If you take it back to the dealer,You need to watch them. No tellin what they'll do to get it open. They will be ill just to have to do it so if you can do it you'll be better off. Good Luck.

here ya go

seat 001.jpg

Should have never had this problem.They should have removed the 2 screws on the lock and leave the cable alone.Remove lock,cable and rear section all together.

Going to mess with it a little tomorrow, only did a quick inspection when I got it home Friday evening before I left for Philly. It is not so much the ride as the time issue....I have two 50 hour work weeks coming at me and freeing up time that their shop is open is not easy. It also comes down to as a few of you have pointed out, I do not want them scratching my ride. Flipside is in no way is it acceptable for them to have done this. Sad part is this dealership was the recommended one within an hour of where I live. Seems like finding competent help is damn near impossible.

:whistle:

Thanks for all the input guys :beerchug:

Going to mess with it a little tomorrow, only did a quick inspection when I got it home Friday evening before I left for Philly. It is not so much the ride as the time issue....I have two 50 hour work weeks coming at me and freeing up time that their shop is open is not easy. It also comes down to as a few of you have pointed out, I do not want them scratching my ride. Flipside is in no way is it acceptable for them to have done this. Sad part is this dealership was the recommended one within an hour of where I live. Seems like finding competent help is damn near impossible.

Unfortunately no matter how they get it open the minimum wage monkeys will probably damage/scratch/break something :banghead: Once a dealership service department lays hands on your bike it'll never be quite the same again :down:

Yeah, they already screwed it up. Why give them another chance to do more damage.

--Wag--

Sad part is this dealership was the recommended one within an hour of where I live. Seems like finding competent help is damn near impossible.

was this action?

it happens...it is easy enough to do...if it wasn't so many people wouldn't know the fun it is to fix.

hopefully they got your melting connector issue resolved.

Here is the deal. 15 mins and you can be in...my instance was self inflicted.

Thanks to denon970 pics - they were invaluable!

No need to cut anything. Just get a metal coat hanger and put a small (.25") bend down (45 degrees at most).

Lift up on right rear seat, slowly to avoid breaking the seat pan. I pulled mine up enough that it actually bent the metal bracket slightly that attaches to the seat. Shine a light under seat (right side) and look for the black latch area. It will be just in front of the white plastic portion molded into seat an behind the stamped metal bracket. See denons pics or mine below.

Once black latch area is in site (not easy to see but it is possible, be patient), run the coat hanger into the latch area and place the bent end into or against the round latch arm.

Push and you can remove the seat again! Be sure to release any tension in the seat if you are still pulling up on it before you move the round latch. I had a second set of hands helping to hold up seat. From right side o bike, hold light with one hand and coat hanger with other.

I rebent (flattened) the bracket on seat bottom to ensure snug fit..

I can't upload pics from phone, email me and I can send or I will try to add them (hanger and seat pic like denons) when on PC later.

Back