Dealers and there qaulity work. Think twice who you let work on your Busa!

Dropped my motorcycle off at American Motorsports on Myatt Drive in Nashville, TN for an insurance claim. The bike fell off a hydraulic motorcycle stand and lightly damaged the lower part of the upper cowl, the left side mid and lower and the rear left tail piece. While it was in there for body work replacement I had them replace the exhaust with a full Akrapovic 4-2-1 system. Total insurance check $3200 and change + 500 out of my pocket.
They had the bike a week! When I picked up the bike I noticed it wasnt perfect. When I got home and started to detail it and put new wax on the body parts I noticed it didnt seem to put together very good looking at the seems.
I was pissed since its a new bike I expected it to be repaired back to new showroom condition. Long story short.... a week later a crack started on the front right of the upper cowl, well now it broke all the way.:banghead:

j5cacl.jpg

rlf50j.jpg

View attachment 1550624

View attachment 1550625

2nhoiuf.jpg

View attachment 1550627

I get sick to my stomach when I see these pics and highly pissed at the dealer. They said they can make it right, but in all honesty I fear leaving Suzi with them again! I am thinking about calling my insurance company adjuster.
The qaulity of work is totally unacceptable!!

call the adjuster..if nothing else they need to be aware of the problem.

I just don't get it !!! You take your bike to a Professional Expecting a Professional Job and you get this kinda Crap. You were better off doing the repairs yourself. These guys got paid almost 4K for this................:moon:

Definately call the Insurance company and let them know.
I wonder if they used them cheap non factory parts I hear about.
Thats a bummer dude.
ya know it makes me wonder how a person gets a job as a MC Mechanic..seems like some good schools out there so there ought to be more reputable mechanics.

ETA- or maybe the R. side was damaged in the fall and it went unnoticed at the time?

That sucks, man. I would be furious.

Looks like the guy who worked on it didn't have a clue how our plastics go together and tried to force it. I'd put some money on that.

I had my rectifier recall service done at Sloan's in Murfreesboro last weekend. They were very professional about it, and there are windows in the service area that allow you to watch the techs in action. You might check there next time.

That does suck. :(

I had a maintence plan on my old R6. Get the service done, they punch a card they gave you. Nothing out of pocket, it was financed with the bike...thought it would be a good idea for the times cash came up short...wrong.

I got my bike back with fairings improperly installed, clips missing, clips installed in the wrong places. One time I had them replace tires....I got it back with 19 psi in the new rear tire.

Needless to say, all the busa maintence is done by me. I am worried about what I'm gonna do about needing a rear tire soon though...???

what the hell is wrong with dealers these days. I will NEVER take my bike to the dealer again, unless it's something seriously wrong and i absolutely can't figure it out. Have had mine at the dealer twice for the rectifier. First time it was replaced under warranty, second time the recall. 2 different dealers, first one left the tank bolts out, second one left the seat bolts out. Thank god i didn't have them install new tires, i would hate to ride home and realize my axle is missing:laugh: What a bunch of morons. I would call suzuki headquarters about your experience with them. First time i had the rectifier replaced the dealer said it wasn't covered under warranty and i had to pay $400 to get the bike back, and they had it for about 2 weeks. Called suzuki headquarters and explained what happened, week later i had a check in the mail. They even called me a few days after i told them about it to make sure i had been re-imbursed and i told them no, then they contacted the dealer and took care of me. Stupid dealer even tried to tell me they had no record of me paying for the work, so i replied "What's your fax number, here comes the invoice":laugh:

If i do ever have to get any work done again. I'm removing all the plastics i possibly can and keeping all the hardware, that way there's no chance they can mess them up. Would love to see the look on their faces when i ride up on a completely stripped down busa just for a simple recall or somethin. Hell, they would probably install the wrong part bc they wouldn't be able to figure out what bike it is

Yes, I know I have always done my own work on my motorcycles. This was an insurance case and I really had no choice, I could have the check written to me and the dealer or me and the credit union since they are the lien holder. I was in the middle of looking for a place to live and really didnt have time to work on the bike myself so I figured if I took it to a Suzuki delear the work would have been done properly, WRONG!
Its worse now then it was when I brought it in and it makes me sick to my stomach each time I see the bike. :-(
I knew when I took a tire in while they had the bike that this could go bad. I walked in with a new Michelin rear tire and asked since they had the bike could they install a new rear also? So I walked back to check on the progress of the bike and seen the mechanic. I laid the tire down and asked the mechanic if I could hear the new exhaust, just the body work was off, cowl and both side fairings, he said sure start it up we are just waiting on some insulation pieces for the fairings. I was talking with him and said how is it working on these new Hayabusas? He said "this is the first one I have done and these fairings are tricky" Right then and there I should have said DONT TOUCH IT, just call me when the rest of the parts come in and I will put the new parts on myself, no I gave them the benifit of the doubt and let them finish.
This mechanic is in his late 30's early 40's.
I came home from work Thursday and noticed the left rear blinker had fallen out of the left rear body part it was hanging by its wires, I looked closer and the screw that holds the lens in must have fallen out!! So its just not that the body work wasnt installed properly the hardware must have not been tightened properly!!
THIS IS JUST SLOPPY WORK! Carelessness, lack of detail, and laziness.
I refuse to take it back to that dealer now! Hopefully my insurance company will reinburse me for the body parts that are damaged thats all I ask for and I will replace them myself when I get settled into my new home.
Just some advice, inspect your bike with a fine tooth comb when at the dealer picking up your bike, take your time and inspect there work.

I would check your fairing stay and make sure it is good before you replace any more plastics. It could be bent which would cause the pressure and cracking on the other side of the bike. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped my motorcycle off at American Motorsports on Myatt Drive in Nashville, TN for an insurance claim. The bike fell off a hydraulic motorcycle stand and lightly damaged the lower part of the upper cowl, the left side mid and lower and the rear left tail piece. While it was in there for body work replacement I had them replace the exhaust with a full Akrapovic 4-2-1 system. Total insurance check $3200 and change + 500 out of my pocket.
They had the bike a week! When I picked up the bike I noticed it wasnt perfect. When I got home and started to detail it and put new wax on the body parts I noticed it didnt seem to put together very good looking at the seems.
I was pissed since its a new bike I expected it to be repaired back to new showroom condition. Long story short.... a week later a crack started on the front right of the upper cowl, well now it broke all the way.:banghead:

j5cacl.jpg

rlf50j.jpg

View attachment 1550633

View attachment 1550634

2nhoiuf.jpg

View attachment 1550636

I get sick to my stomach when I see these pics and highly pissed at the dealer. They said they can make it right, but in all honesty I fear leaving Suzi with them again! I am thinking about calling my insurance company adjuster.
The qaulity of work is totally unacceptable!!

It is sickening and totally unacceptable! That bike should have never been allowed to leave the dealership like that. I would definitely have spoken with the claims adjuster. Hope it works out for you!

Donn, that sucks. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

Don't trust the dealers. Not once since I owned my baby have I had a good experience with a dealers work. Body panels not fitting, broken mounting tabs, missing hardware... You have to so meticulous checking your bike while you're there, if you call them later and say something is broken, they'll likely tell you to take a walk.

As someone who works for a dealer, it makes me sick to see what was done to your busa. Totally unacceptable! Speak with your adjuster, and I would recommend meeting him at the dealership and show the bike to the owner of the dealership. After reading all the posts about shoddy work done at dealers, I'm thankful I work at a dealer who has an excellent service dept. Most of our techs have over 25 years experience at this dealer. Not ALL dealers are the same. I hope you find one that will give you the level of service you deserve. I would not be satisfied until they replaced all the damaged plastics, and the fit was on par with new bikes they have on the floor. Sorry you had the problem.

Obviously your mechanic didn't watch my tutorials :)

I hope they plan on buying you all new parts cuz those cannot be 'fixed'?

I bet the fairing stay is bent a bit due to the impact angle of the fall. I had a dealer try to screw me in the same manner, I ended up taking it to another shop and they helped me file a complaint with my insurance for bad service/work.

4th picture down, I have the same thing on one side. Taken off and put back on many times to figure it out, but it always pops out again. I don't know and learned to live with it. I 2nd the bent upper fairing stay, it seems like the panels that you are having trouble with all have somethig to do with it.

thats why the guy doing side work out of his garage is doing great..i used to work at a few dealers through out my years as a mechanic and 1 out of 5 guys is a true mechanic and will give you great service the rest are shoe makers that shouldent even change oil...MAKE THEM PAY!!!!!!!!

Back