Dealer wrecks a guys bike.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I dont know how many of you guys frequent SBN, but for those of you who dont , you gotta read this guys story.

LINK

I didnt sign up to their site but man that would suck. Even if his bike gets fixed like new, now he will always have to say its been down. I would try and get something new from the stealership instead of them fixing it.
poke.gif

somone join and post all the pics... I'm too lazy to join that crap
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

It can happen to any of our bikes anytime you take it to the dealership. They need to be road tested, and I like having the mechanic that just did the work having to take it for a test ride. It pretty much forces them to bet their lives on their ability to do their job right.

That's QC right there.

I've had my bike to the dealer twice, the first time was picking it up brand new, the second was for the 600 service. On NEITHER occasion did the service department test ride the bike. Now how many of you can say you recieved a bike with 0.0 miles on it.

Now I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?
rock.gif

That is so messed up. I just got my pilot powers mounted on the ol' Busa. I also noticed the stealership took a test ride. Not upset or anything, but like Rev mentioned "QC".

One good thing for me is that my mechanic never test rides Elenor.... Infact he is scared to ride it
laugh.gif

...So I get to do all the testing when he does the mods or services the bike
tounge.gif

...Oh yeah, and that dude who got his bike totalled deserves to be given a new bike... I have not seen the pictures of the damage, but going by his words... the dealership owes him a new machine!

somone join and post all the pics... I'm too lazy to join that crap [/QUOTE]

...agree!

. . . and I like having the mechanic that just did the work having to take it for a test ride.  It pretty much forces them to bet their lives on their ability to do their job right.  

That's QC right there.
That's how we did it for maintenance on our helicopters in my unit. Got tired of finding issues on startup or in flight and decided we needed something new. Not that they were bad folks, but low and behold repairs became much more complete.

I bought my bike from Escondido cycle center with 0 miles on it. That made me extremely happy!!!

I finished reading the whole thing and I am really glad that the dealer was nice enough to settle with him by giving him a NEW "05" R6 Raven for $400.00.

Back