Dealer extended warranty yes or no?

bigjack7679

Registered
Im picking up my 08 hayabusa today. The dealer offered me an extended warranty on it. You can also use the warranty with any dealer with licensed mechanic
1 Year $350
2 year $550
3 year $850

IT has 7500 miles on it and is in great shape. I will ride between 4k &5k miles a year. I'm Not a hard rider but may make some 1/4 mile passes every once in a while. :laugh: And im not a top end speed demon:banghead:

I will be running amsoil in her and the best maintenance that i can provide. Bike will live in the texas heat

Any input is appreciated

busa side.jpg

busa front.jpg

busa cluster.jpg

busa left.jpg

I would say no since they are prone to not cover big problems anyway. Plus, with good maintenance, these bikes are not known for issues.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I would say no since they are prone to not cover big problems anyway. Plus, with good maintenance, these bikes are not known for issues.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Thanks for the advice. I love that on this site i can get advice from experienced hayabusa owners

I did not purchase a warranty because the least little change or mod you make they will argue it's the cause of the issue. It is their place to PROVE that the slip on exhaust caused the transmission to blow up, but they usually try their absolute best to do it. Even if they can't prove it, they make you worry about it the entire time by saying "we'll if we get into it and this was the cause then it'll cost you about $$$".

I did purchase the warranty on a couple ATV's and have regretted it ever since. Unless you have a case where the engine is replaced or rebuilt it is usually a waste of money in my opinion. That is purchasing new where it usually has a factory warranty of some sort anyway...

In your case, if they are not planning on covering anything at all that goes wrong once out the door then it might be worth $350 for a year of coverage, even if it does cause a lot of arguments when something happens.

I would find out exactly what they are willing to cover, and make sure any mods on the bike will not void the warranty in any way.

I can tell you the salesman flat out lied about a warranty on a vehicle I purchased a few years ago. I got the vehicle specifically to put a lift kit a large tires on. I let the salesman know this and he said the warranty will not be affected at all. I paid $1200 for a warranty on this used vehicle and once my paper work arrived it specifically stated any change in tire sizes or vehicle ride height will void any/all warranty work whether it had to do with the problem or not. I got my money back and voided that warranty. They are just too much of a PITA sometimes~!~

Those are really high prices for an extended warranty but it is for a used bike so that may be why.

I bought the warranty for my bike when new but never had to use it. After reading complaints about denied coverage, I would not bother again. I don't believe I ever read where one "2nd gear" failure was covered, dealers would automatically blame it on the owner.

As an example, if your engine fails you're going to need proof of oil/filter changes. I kept all receipts and took date stamped pictures of each oil change. Going one step further, you better hope the SPAMSOIL you're using is API CERTIFIED and not cleverly worded as "meets API specifications" because that's all the ammo they would need. "Sorry sir, we can't cover your engine under warranty since you didn't use the proper oil."

If 3 ITEMS BELOW ARE ALREADY DONE, then I am not aware of any other major bugs/issues with the Gen II. With proper care/maintenance, the Busa will last for a long while.
P.S. On my 3rd Busa now, no aftermarket warranty on each one of them.

Have you checked if the rectifier recall has been done on your bike?
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...012-rectifier-recall-notice-came-today-2.html
photo-14.jpg

Another is the IGNITION SWITCH: http://www.suzukicycles.com/~/media...183_GSX1300RK8_Recall_Ign_Switch_Website.ashx

Also check on the TSB re: clutch bolts: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/108236-service-bulletin-hayabusa-b-king.html

Service+Bulletin+04+06+09+re1240904561.jpg

Like Outlaw said….I think the one year is worth it just to have piece of mine that you have some warranty past their parking lot. I did not get one with mine only because I got it new. If something does go worng you will find someone here who has had the problem before and knows how to fix it. These bikes go forever if you take care of them. One guy, Scar, has the same bike as you with something like 107,000 miles with no issues.

I did not purchase a warranty because the least little change or mod you make they will argue it's the cause of the issue. It is their place to PROVE that the slip on exhaust caused the transmission to blow up, but they usually try their absolute best to do it. Even if they can't prove it, they make you worry about it the entire time by saying "we'll if we get into it and this was the cause then it'll cost you about $$$".

I did purchase the warranty on a couple ATV's and have regretted it ever since. Unless you have a case where the engine is replaced or rebuilt it is usually a waste of money in my opinion. That is purchasing new where it usually has a factory warranty of some sort anyway...

In your case, if they are not planning on covering anything at all that goes wrong once out the door then it might be worth $350 for a year of coverage, even if it does cause a lot of arguments when something happens.

I would find out exactly what they are willing to cover, and make sure any mods on the bike will not void the warranty in any way.

I can tell you the salesman flat out lied about a warranty on a vehicle I purchased a few years ago. I got the vehicle specifically to put a lift kit a large tires on. I let the salesman know this and he said the warranty will not be affected at all. I paid $1200 for a warranty on this used vehicle and once my paper work arrived it specifically stated any change in tire sizes or vehicle ride height will void any/all warranty work whether it had to do with the problem or not. I got my money back and voided that warranty. They are just too much of a PITA sometimes~!~

Thanks for the advice. I got a suzuki eiger 400 that i put 10k miles on it and engine locked up. the warranty helped out big time then. i will get all the details today about the limitations

If 3 ITEMS BELOW ARE ALREADY DONE, then I am not aware of any other major bugs/issues with the Gen II. With proper care/maintenance, the Busa will last for a long while.
P.S. On my 3rd Busa now, no aftermarket warranty on each one of them.

Have you checked if the rectifier recall has been done on your bike?
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...012-rectifier-recall-notice-came-today-2.html
photo-14.jpg

Another is the IGNITION SWITCH: http://www.suzukicycles.com/~/media...183_GSX1300RK8_Recall_Ign_Switch_Website.ashx

Also check on the TSB re: clutch bolts: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/108236-service-bulletin-hayabusa-b-king.html

Service+Bulletin+04+06+09+re1240904561.jpg

Thanks for this info. Is there a link to where i can print this recall off. I will ask them about it today. Its a Yamaha dealership but they should still be able to find out

Those are really high prices for an extended warranty but it is for a used bike so that may be why.

I bought the warranty for my bike when new but never had to use it. After reading complaints about denied coverage, I would not bother again. I don't believe I ever read where one "2nd gear" failure was covered, dealers would automatically blame it on the owner.

As an example, if your engine fails you're going to need proof of oil/filter changes. I kept all receipts and took date stamped pictures of each oil change. Going one step further, you better hope the SPAMSOIL you're using is API CERTIFIED and not cleverly worded as "meets API specifications" because that's all the ammo they would need. "Sorry sir, we can't cover your engine under warranty since you didn't use the proper oil."

lol, SPAMSOIL. That is funny. Thanks for ur advice. Im just make sure all the recall stuff has been done

Like Outlaw said….I think the one year is worth it just to have piece of mine that you have some warranty past their parking lot. I did not get one with mine only because I got it new. If something does go worng you will find someone here who has had the problem before and knows how to fix it. These bikes go forever if you take care of them. One guy, Scar, has the same bike as you with something like 107,000 miles with no issues.

Thanks, Thats a lot of miles. Thats why i love the org. the answers to all your Questions

Thanks for the advice. I got a suzuki eiger 400 that i put 10k miles on it and engine locked up. the warranty helped out big time then. i will get all the details today about the limitations

Coincidentally that happens to be one of the exact ATV's I put the warranty on, 10,000 miles WOW~!!~

I think mine has almost 850 on it now

Thanks for this info. Is there a link to where i can print this recall off. I will ask them about it today. Its a Yamaha dealership but they should still be able to find out

You are welcome. Any SUZUKI dealer should be able to pull these TSBs (write down the numbers for easy reference). Or have them run your VIN to check if these have already been done for your bike.

P.S. forgot to mention earlier: ask for the seat cowl and grab bar for the bike. In case the dealer does not have it, LMK since I MAY still have mine lying around.

You are welcome. Any SUZUKI dealer should be able to pull these TSBs (write down the numbers for easy reference). Or have them run your VIN to check if these have already been done for your bike.

P.S. forgot to mention earlier: ask for the seat cowl and grab bar for the bike. In case the dealer does not have it, LMK since I MAY still have mine lying around.

i think we talked a few weeks ago abot that cowl on my new to the forum post. :laugh: Lets work out something

Coincidentally that happens to be one of the exact ATV's I put the warranty on, 10,000 miles WOW~!!~

I think mine has almost 850 on it now

I was 14 when i got the Eiger. Where im from in Mississippi, we ride atv's on the road. i hit 10k in 4 years. lol. and that was with Dino havoline 10w30. :laugh: didnt know anything about oil at the time:banghead:

i didn't buy an extended warranty on mine since it was new out of the crate but like several others have mentioned, i would have to think about the one year extension with this one being used...anything more than that is a waste of money that could be better spent on mods or tires in my opinion :beerchug:

Back